Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Basel
from US$15.25
More Info
1,720 results
All reviews elephant enclosure monkey house penguin walk sea lions snow leopard great layout few hours worth a visit sunny day great place to visit train station enclosures elephants apes feeding vivarium habitat
Reviewed 1 October 2018

The variety of animals, ease of viewing, and incredible care make this a first rate zoo for all to enjoy.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to visiting Basel zoo whilst on a trip from the UK. Unfortunately the zoo was nowhere near as good as we were expecting based on other reviews we had seen. This was the 3rd zoo I had visited in the past 3 weeks but was, by far, the most inferior. I personally was particularly disappointed by all the monkey/ape enclosures which were very small. I would not recommend.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank chrisb24
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The Basel Zoo is located a short bus ride from old town. There are 2 entrances. Make sure to get a map as it can be quite confusing if you are there for the first time. Good variety of animals; count on 2-3 hours at a leisurely pace to see it all.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We caught the tram to the zoo- easy to get to. Paid 50% of the entrance price using the Basel card (given to us free from the hotel) and spent 2 hrs enjoying ourselves- nicely set out with a number great animals( crocodiles, giraffes,snakes, hippos, penguins- even rats!!)

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This is a great day out for all the family and for the most part I enjoyed this. I particularly loved the aquarium which really provided a great selection of easily seen marine life. There are the 'standard' zoo animals here such as giraffes and lions but also a few animals I have not seen before such as Indian Rhinos and Sable antelope. However the low point was the kangeroos which seemed skinny and cramped into a small space.
The zoo is half price if you present the Basel card provided when you stay in a Basel hotel so it is quite affordable (10CHF for adult August 2018).
Well worth a visit, I would go again if staying in Basel.