“Not an Hotel”

Ranked #50 of 51 Hotels in Basel
Lyon, France
“Not an Hotel”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I didn't checked before the booking made by somebody else... what a mistake !
It's not an hotel : no service, no breakfast, no facilities, people with poor english.
The only facility is the bar... but it's not the one of the hotel : it's just a "red light" one like the other ones in the street.
Noisy, not really clean, and expensive... Forget it !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank Greg-French

Couples
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Good location near downtown Basel. However, underneath hotel is the red light district. ...s and their customers all day and night, a bit disturbing.
Nice breakfast, overall value for your money is OK

• Stayed May 2012
8 Thank Gizmi

Travellers are raving about these Basel hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2011

1. The ''hotel'' informed me a week before that they do not work on Sundays, so I have to tell when I come and they will let me in (already does not sound like ''hotel''); 2. When I entered the place, there was a great smell of smoke as the lady working there smokes inside..and definitely does that quiet often; 3. I have paid more than I had to pay according to my reservation without any normal explanation. 4. I was given the key of the room and when I tried to open the door- I could not do this..why?Because another person was actually in there.5. If you want to see the street full of prostitutes, book this ''hotel'' as they work next to it (5 steps). I could see how they are working through my window. After seeing this, I understood why a man whom I met in the ''hotel'' asked me if I was there for service (we all understand now what service he meant).6. Really do not think that this place can be called a hotel.7. The value paid was not worth it at all. I just booked it cos there were no other hotels available. 8. The only good thing was that it was not far away from the exhibition centre..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business