“First choise @ Basel”
Review of GAIA Hotel

GAIA Hotel
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Basel
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and everything was perfect again.All the positives ,just as my first stay a few years ago.Clean room,comfort bed,great buffet breakfast and -last but not least - the staff.Helpfull,smiley ,willing,it makes the difference!The hotel is laying 50 metres (at your right hand) from Basel Hauptbanhoff,in a safe area near by all the trams and taxis.Close by the Aldstand,if you`d like to walk is about 25`walking or take the tram.I was for business there and the hotel provided me all the necessaries for my job.As the title reports my first choise for a Basel stay.I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank miltoschios
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had a wonderful time at the St. Gotthard Basel. Their motto "Come as a guest, leave as a friend" is absolutely true. Everything about the hotel was top notch. All the staff members from the chamber maids, kitchen help and front desk are courteous, helpful and lovely people. We (family of 5) stayed in the beautiful suite/apartment and we were all very comfortable. It was a 5 star luxury quality with super thick towels, bathrobes and all the trimmings (at a fraction of the cost of two regular hotel rooms elsewhere in the city). They were very understanding about our last minute cancellation of our first night due to a flight change and helped get us into our room way before check in time, which was really not expected. The breakfast was fresh with a large selection of breads, meats, fruits and cereals, all in a spectacular room. Our first floor suite faced the train station and trams and we barely heard outside noise when the windows were closed. I would highly recommend this hotel for every possible reason; location, comfort, style, price, warmth and quality of staff, food... Nothing bad to say other than we had to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had chosen (family of 4) St Gotthard Hotel in Basel, Switzerland for our 7 night stay in August. We expected that it would be a nice hotel after reading the reviews of other guests and going through the photos, but it really exceeded our expectations! The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was very spacious (65 sq.mtr) and luxurious, with excellent sound proofing, super clean, and the mini bar was replenished every 2 days at no extra cost. Furthermore, the hotel is very conviently located across the main train station as well as the tram and bus stop. So everything was great during our stay, would definetely recommend St Gotthard to whoever is travelling to Basel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgeEleftheriou
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Everything about my stay this time was excellent, I like especially the comfort of the beds, the room layout and especially you're delicious breakfast buffet.

I was disappointed this time however that the mini-bar was not stocked and contained half eaten food from the previous guest, I took a picture and showed it to the reception desk man but there was no apology or removal of the food which I had to do myself.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side from the Basel station are more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank O7315NSrobertc
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed in the St Gotthard 6 or 7 times on business, the staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always spotless. It is close to the station so convenient. On my latest visit I noticed that they now have a small bar, although I didn't use it. There is free wi-fi and use of the mini bar in the rooms which is not always the case in hotels in Switzerland It is my first choice each time I visit Basel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We always stay at the St. Gotthard when in Basel. It's proximity to the manin SBB train station, to the trams, to downtown, its very friendly staff, and wonderful(!) breakfast buffet make it a perfect hotel for us.

Room Tip: We always ask for the connecting rooms at the end of the hallway, which allows our family 2 connecte...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This property was the first pit stop to a 4 night sojourn to Switzerland. What it became was a future destination! If you are reading my review to find a hotel in Basel that is close to the railway, look no further. We traveled by train from Paris to Basel after a long flight and travel day from the US. You literally walk out of Basel SBB station to the hotel. Food Coop and McDonalds (for those who care) are adjacent to the property.

Rooms are well appointed and energy efficient. The front desk team are wonderful and over the top helpful. I had a single room on the number 3 floor and it was on the front of the property and it was not noisy like other reviews stated. The morning breakfast was very complete and we'll attended by the staff. The property also has a juice bar.

I will return to Switzerland and I will stay at this property.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends