“Very nice hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Basel
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice hotel with very good food and very friendly staff. We also enjoyed the nice swimming pool and because the hotel is very good located with respect to the city center, it is ideal to make a stroll around in the evening. Make sure you take the opportunity to enjoy the food in the restaurant!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank PVD2013
CustomerRelationsRDB, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear PVD2013,

thank you for taking the time and giving us your positive and encouraging feedback on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you tried out our inhouse swimming pool, the FILINI restaurant and that you liked our friendly staff.

We would be glad to welcome you again whenever you are coming to town.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel was really nice! We had asked for a upper room away from the road, since we had read about too much noise up the front road.
The place is really accessible, with tram right at the entrance and some really nice food and drink joints nearby. The rooms were comfortable too. I hear good things about the restaurant, but when we went there, they somehow missed our order which was much disheartening since we waited for over an hour for our food. They did offer us compensatory drinks, but doesn't make up for the time and spirit lost. Staff is friendly otherwise, ad great rooms, pool and sauna.

Room Tip: Go for a upper room, not front facing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harsha1102
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a very good stay here. The hotel is at a good location, almost at city center and not far from the railway station. The rooms are well designed and comfortable. They have a nice swimming pool and spa to relax yourselves. Icing on the cake, they give you transport card that allows you to travel on all public transports for free, even to the airport.
The only downside: we ordered dinner at their restaurant and kept waiting for the food to arrive while sipping on our drinks. After inquiring after an hour, they said that they did not have order entered in their system from our table. Ridiculous for a hotel of this stature! They did offer the drinks for free though, to compensate, but that doesn't really make up!
Stay wise, no complaints!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naveen K
CustomerRelationsRDB, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Naveen K,

thank you for taking the time and giving us your detailed feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our good location, the well designed and comfortable rooms, swimming pool/ spa and free transportation "mobility" ticket. Our deepest apologies for any inconvenience that you had. We would be glad to welcome you again in the future whenever you are staying in Basel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the worst experience I had in a hotel especially given the expected standard of Radisson Blu.

First night, I was disturbed due to the noise of the swimming pool (this is a non-stop roar of the swimming pool engine) so avoid the part of the hotel around this area. So in the middle of the night I called the front desk to ask for a change the next day. The second night after having changed, I was so lucky that I had a huge cockroach on the ceiling. Therefore, I asked the frontdesk to ask the cleaning lady to pick that up but I had to call twice and wait for more than 30minutes before someone came. In the meantime, the coacroach moved around and I could killed myself. The worst came the next day when I came back to the room, it wasn't cleaned at all. It is the first time in 2 years I am staying in hotels that I encountered such a case where the room wasn't cleaned (even more surprising for such as a standard hotel). The worst was to come... The last night there were a lot noise coming from a room upstairs, as the guest opened the window and were talking extremely loud. At 01:30am I could stand it anymore and called the reception. After 20minutes, nothing happened so I decided to go myself and could locate the room easily as it was noisy even from the hallway. Therefore I knocked at the door and the guest tried to ignore and even didn't execuse. It was like if it was me who was disturbing him and his boyfriend who were both smoking marijuana. He just said "be cool and no worries"... this is just amazing I had to handle such situation as a guest.

Unfortunatety, I have a booking for another stay, so I hope this would be much better experience (I would rather avoid).

Room Tip: Avoid the area where the indoor swimming pool is located as a non-stop noise can be heard in the roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M D
Felix H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear MD,
I thank you indeed for your time to quote your recent stay with us and I sincerely appologize for your bad experience. I absolutely agree with you that the way we handled your concerns was not according to our Yes I Can spirit.
We look forward to your stay to come and we will do our utmost to proof that we can do better.
Again my sincere appologies.
Felix W. Hauser

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed quiet a number of times in this city centre hotel and it has always been first class. A couple of minutes walk to the popular and lively Steinenvorstadt and another minute to Barfusserplatz, a hub for the brilliant tram city that serves Basel. The entire transport system is free to all guests of Radisson Blu (ame for most hotels in Basel). The hotel staff are just excellent and the most helpful people I have ever encountered. Rooms are excellent and don't forget to bring your swimsuit as there is a fantastic swimming pool and gym for all guests. Great to get the day started. It is always one of the few go-to Hotels I always try to get to when visiting Basel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bensoga1

Dear Bensoga1,

thank you for your friendly feedback on TripAdvisor that you wrote after staying serveral times at our city centre hotel. The old historic town of Basel is so moving and has an excellent public transport system mainly consisting of tramlines. You have a wagon coming every 7/8 minutes- for free with the transportation/ mobility ticket. We are pleased to hear that you furthermore liked our hotel staff, rooms and pool/gym for a good start of the day.

We are looking forward to welcome you another time whenever you are in Basel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a clean, modern hotel with good service and it is located in an excellent location. While close walking distance from the Hauptbanhof, the tram stops right in front of the hotel and the HBF is only 4 stops away. From the HBF a bus runs to the airport at regular intervals, very convenient. The hotel is easy walking distance to the concert hall, all the museums, and the old town and the Rhine River. Very good location.
We did not spend much time in the hotel, although it seemed to have a nice restaurant we did not try it - just too many great options within a short walking distance. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert V
CustomerRelationsRDB, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Bob,

We are very pleased to read that you like our clean modern hotel and location as well as our service of our staff. We will inform our staff about your feedback. Please let us know if there is any thing else we can do to make your next stay even more comfortable.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Basel!

Best regards

Stefanie Benkert
Front Office Service Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location is excellent and the hotel is so comfortable. This hotel is located within walking distance of major restaurants and the train station. Very comfortable stay and experience. The tiramisu at the restaurant was the best I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IRockOut

Dear guest,

thank you very much for you great feedback on tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read you liked the location near to the old town within all restaurants, museums and the river.
Your review regarding the tiramisu we informed our kitchen chef and restaurant about.

We hope to see you once again in our Radisson Blu Hotel, if you travels brings you back to Basel. Please let us know if we can do any thing for you.

Best regards