Arrived at the hotel after a 26hr journey from Sydney to be greeted by very pleasant front desk staff. They were very helpful in checking me in and assuring I knew my way around the hotel. They provided me with a tram access card for the duration of my stay in Basel, which was greatly appreciated.
The hotel was pricey compared to what I've experienced elsewhere in Europe, and the rooms are small also in comparison.
The breakfast buffet was standard fare for a major hotel, and the kitchen staff were able to supply either an ommelette or fried eggs on demand, and do it well.
There is a Europcar rental office located at the front of the hotel, and the trams stops are directly across the road so that you are able to quickly get to anywhere in Basel relatively quickly.
Will I stay here again? Yes, as I travel here for work every year or so and this hotel on our company list.
Tip for management - power point access needs to be inmproved. There is no powerpoint access from the desk in the room. I would assume this to be a standard convenience in business hotels world wide these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basel is not only a Swiss City with a big heart, with a smile on their face people from Basel proudly declare it a major city in pocket size format and they are right. The city by the Rhine offers everything you could wish for in a city trip. Culture and Business go hand in hand and only the sky is the limit. The same holds true should you decide to stay at the Swissotel Basel. No matter if you are traveling to the border triangle, the old town, the Rhine, the musical theatre or to other numerous sightseeing spots in Basel, all of which are in walking distance. Centrally located you will not only enjoy our elegant guest rooms but also real Swiss hospitality. Swissotel Basel provides 238 spacious rooms and suites with satellite LCD TV. Start your day right with a sumptuous breakfast at our Grill 25 restaurant or room service, make use of the complimentary newspaper, free wifi, complimentary use of our Puerovel Sport with a sauna and a steam room. Our concierge team would be delighted to assist in planning a day trip or assist in getting tickets to numerous Events and shows. Additionally our gusts truly value our pillow menu in the guestrooms as well as the espresso machine. Should you feel the need to discover even more of Basel and its surroundings, you can make use of your complimentary mobility ticket, which is provided to you for the duration of your stay to use the public transportation system, even for the day of your arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Le Plaza Basel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Le Plaza Basel Hotel Basel
- Swissotel Le Plaza Hotel Basel
- Basel Swissotel Le Plaza