“Still Hungry” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #219 of 635 Restaurants in Basel
Price range: US$41 - US$86
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Still Hungry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is the first chinese food restaurant that I walked out of still hungry. Even those chinese food kiosks you find in malls are more filling. How much more does it cost to put another cup of rice in anyway?? This is the second time we have gone to this restaurant. We returned because the first meal we had there was very spicy hot, which I enjoy but is lacking in the swiss palette. This time though, my wife's meal was flavourless and mine was better but small. And very little rice! The other annoying thing was the size of the beer. I asked for a 'grosses' (large) beer, but they didn't serve them. They only had small and it measured 25cl. This is the first time I have come across this size of beer as the small are usually 33cl. As for the service, there was only one other table of 4 at the time we were there, but you could see that it wasn't her strong point. Cost for 2 tiny meals and 3 tiny beer was about Chf 85. No tip left.
Unfortunately, this place is being struck off our list which is too bad since the place has so much potential and some decent food.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lucdc20

Bad Zurzach, Switzerland
“terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We were 4 going there for the first time for lunch and we ordered wine and à la carte. I spoke to the waitress in Mandarin who is the owner’s wife. She was unfriendly, impolite, inefficient, slow, and unprofessional. She stepped on the foot of one guest twice without apologising. We ordered 2 appetizers, 3 main dishes and fried rice. I said I’d order more later if needed. She said I had to order all in one go and that was the rule. We had to ask her to bring us the wine and water a second time after waiting for 30min. Meanwhile she was busy serving all the other guests, who arrived after us. There were not more than 20 guests at that time.
Other than the service, the food and wine were excellent. It’s a pity that the designed dishes don’t fit with the Chinese food.

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank travelfairy2000
Geneva, Switzerland
“WORST SERVICE EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

This must have been the worst service ever from the minute we entered the restaurant.

I see another reviewer had the same experience as we did, the staff was almost aggressive to us.

Would not go back even if someone would pay me!

Plus the food was average.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank h1h2
Miami, Florida
“Good food but shockingly bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

We visited at short notice for lunchtime. Disappointingly, there was no a la carte option and the set menus were quite limited.

As one reviewer said below, the service was absolutely shocking... it was the wife of the owner who was serving us (confirmed by the website) but she was unwelcoming, unsmiling and almost hostile. I have no idea how she ended up in the hospitality industry.

Given the lack of choice and the appalling service, we wanted to hate the food - but couldn't. It was extremely well cooked - light and fresh. The vegetables in the spring rolls were fresh and crisp, the fried & battered fish for the main course was light and had a little bit of "bite" to it, and the pho was very tasty.

Which is a shame - because I don't see why I should return to give them my money if the owners can't at least pretend to be happy we visited.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank SantAntoni1
Switzerland
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had great chinese food here. All was freshly prepared and home made. Will definetly be going back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles