Lowest prices for your stay
US$153
US$153
Trip.com
US$116
PricelineUS$153
Hotels.comUS$153
eDreamsUS$153
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed with our stay here. Although this is a lovely facility it is noisy with all the concrete. In particular the food at the evening meal was not of the quality or temperature as we would expect at youth hostels. To have a meal at the beginning of service the 'hot food' was Luke warm.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Extremely noisy(!), couldn't even had a breakfast there because of the NOISE of people around, it was too loud. No work space in the lobby. There is a kids' playground, so kids are running everywhere in the lobby and screaming, again probably because of the building layout, noise level goes extreme. Same in the rooms, can't call them comfortable sound wise. Was really hot in the room. Spent about 15 minutes queuing for a breakfast, was about to give up and go have a breakfast outside, in the end still did it because of the noise. For this price I expect better service than I received, as a basic I expect a ready to sleep bed, instead I had to put all the sheets myself and remove them as well. Same as everyone else in a 6-bed room, which means you can't really go sleep early, light is on, people are making beds around all the time .. Looks pretty new, however already feels quite dirty, wrong materials chosen for a hostel. Concrete-wood-glass is not the best for the hostel purposes. Good location.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed in this hostel and it is beautiful and well designed. Though it's expensive, by Basel standards it's quite affordable and provides key extras like free quality breakfast and transportation pass. However, depending on whom you deal with at the front desk the experience can quickly go sour. I had a request that in a mostly empty hostel at the moment, they might avoid putting anyone else in my dorm while I am going through a very serious health issue but the person I talked to was extremely rude and basically just reiterated the rules and said I could buy a single room instead. In my experience, even if you're unwilling to help, you do not do so in such a rude and un-compassionate manner and he could physically see the state I'm in. It really made me question whether I'd stay here again and I hope they can help their staff be more compassionate across the board.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Erica D
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We had a family room for four which gave us one bunk and one twin bed and it was a perfect place to stay in Basel.
The hostel is around 10 mins walk along the Rhine from the old town, it's lovely and quiet.
The architecture is a pleasure to be in with a beautiful oriel window and pleasingly simple and elegant design throughout.
We are a simple evening mean and breakfast at the hostel. It's not haute cuisine but is absolutely fine.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was our family's first experience staying in a youth hostel, we got a nice room to ourselves since we were a party of 4. the place is clean and peaceful. A travel card was provided as well for trams and buses in the city and that helped us save a lot when travelling.

Wonderful breakfast in the morning and you can reach various trams stations by foot within 7-10 minutes. You can also take a ferry ride to go across the Rhine River which is just outside the hostel, definitely something interesting to do and to enjoy the scenic view along the river. Also walking distance to various places of interest and restaurant areas.

Date of stay: April 2017