Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dan C
Bawley Point, Australia

No service hotel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jan 2024via mobile
The hotel is what you would say “minimalist” in every fashion. Small rooms, limited offerings in the rooms and NO service or I should say rude service. Upon arrival we were greeted with attitude, it was before the 3:00pm time and this is a no no, must have upset the reception staff member. Also we had parked in the incorrect parking area which is right under the hotel (after we tried to clarify by emailing the hotel 3 days before our stay, which was never replied to), we were swiftly told this was wrong and to move to the other area (would have been nice to know that pre-arrival). So when we returned to check in (after 3:00pm) it was busy and only one reception staff member there, so it was a difficult, long winded process. It is a self check in system which is fine in theory, if it works, theirs did not, on this day anyway, so the staff person had to go around and help everyone. Ridiculous system, just get a person to check people in ! It’s not hard!
Rooms are ok, location is good, but if you like service by staff who seem to enjoy working with people, then this is not the place for you. Very disappointing Swiss experience.
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Communication from the hotel is non existent Hotel parking entrance is actually down the side...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
£175
    £352
    £444
0.7 miles from prizeotel Bern-City
View more hotels in Bern
All reviews shower head rooftop bar cold cuts recommend this hotel hotel is located dryer fridge floor city
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2023

Excellent budget hotel with surprisingly big rooms. Bus stop is right at the hotel and the buses are free for tourists - hence easy to get into town to see the sights. Comfortable bed - we slept well. We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: November 2023
Reviewed 25 October 2023 via mobile

We had fun staying at the hotel . The room was so cute ☺️ we had the corner room where you could see a nature view from above . The staff were so helpful and kind . Special Mention to ANGIE you are a star ⭐️ So friendly and energetic. Keep up the good work . I highly recommend this hotel .

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2023

This hotel was fine for what we needed - we were passing though Bern so just stayed for one night.
The hotel was clean but basic (as described)
The downside was the room was next to the delivery bay so it was noisy very early in the morning, and the pillows were a not comfortable

Room tip: Request a room away from the delivery bay
Reviewed 21 September 2023 via mobile

Comfortable beddings, huge, modern decor and good breakfast. No fridge in the room. Aircon broke down and it’s an unusually warm week in Switzerland. No fan. So it was a little warm at night. The hotel compensated us with a free breakfast. Buses that go to city centre are frequent and as tourists you get free bus rides. Bern is a charming town with nice shopping, historical sites and you can visit a small grizzly bear park.

Room tip: No fridge
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Aki_07
Reviewed 11 September 2023

I must say, my recent stay at this establishment was tainted by the presence of an employee who seemed determined to mar an otherwise passable experience. Allow me to recount the unfortunate encounter with this particular member of the hotel staff, whose ineptitude and condescension left much to be desired.

My ordeal began with the seemingly standard check-in time of 3pm. However, I was forced to entrust my luggage to their "luggage room" due to this policy. Upon my return for check-in, I made the grievous error of inquiring about my luggage. The receptionist who had taken over displayed an insufferable attitude, insisting that I retrieve my own bags, as if I had been suddenly promoted to the hotel's porter.

To make matters worse, I was informed that the air conditioning throughout the entire hotel was non-operational. This announcement was delivered in a manner befitting a stern warden, devoid of any apology or offer of compensation for this inconvenience. It was only after I mustered the audacity to request compensation that she begrudgingly muttered, "I can offer you free parking," as if this paltry gesture should suffice.

Regrettably, this 'compensation' left much to be desired. When I inquired about the parking fee, which, unsurprisingly, was exorbitant at 18 CHF, I could barely contain my astonishment. At this juncture, the receptionist, dripping with condescension, remarked, "Yeah, this is Switzerland here," insinuating that I, a mere Belgian, should be grateful for their overpriced parking, as if it were some sort of privilege. It is worth noting that it is the guests who fund her livelihood, and a modicum of respect should be obligatory.

As if this litany of incompetence wasn't enough, when I discovered that my EU plug was incompatible with Swiss electrical outlets, I had no choice but to return to the reception desk. Once again, the indifferent receptionist displayed a complete lack of interest in my predicament. She dismissively informed me that no adapters were available, and the sole adapter they possessed had already been claimed by another guest. Her apathy and unprofessional demeanor were profoundly disheartening.

In conclusion, it is my sincere belief that this receptionist's woeful performance reflects poorly on the hotel's overall reputation. She embodies rudeness and ineptitude to such an extent that it is clear she is profoundly unsuited for a career in hospitality. I implore her employers to reconsider her place within the industry; perhaps a career outside of customer interaction, such as working in a factory, would better suit her temperament and capabilities.

On a somewhat brighter note, I feel compelled to acknowledge that the other five members of the hotel staff I encountered were, without exception, lovely, warm, and highly professional individuals. It is a tremendous shame that this particular receptionist stood in stark contrast to her colleagues, as she was the sole staff member who appeared to be disinterested in her role and unwelcoming to guests.

On a somewhat brighter note, I feel compelled to acknowledge that the other five members of the hotel staff I encountered were, without exception, lovely, warm, and highly professional individuals. It is a tremendous shame that this particular receptionist, a tall young girl with dark hair, stood in stark contrast to her colleagues. Her disinterest in her role and unwelcoming demeanor were as noticeable as the banana she carelessly munched on and the telltale scent of cigarette smoke that clung to her. She was the sole staff member who appeared to be disinterested in her role and unwelcoming to guests, a regrettable stain on an otherwise commendable team.

Room tip: bring your EU adapter