“Not good Indian!”

Ranked #46 of 539 Restaurants in Bern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Do not go here if you're expecting a 'good Indian meal' - I think spices were just sprinkled on the food which completely lacked flavour. I don't like my Indian food hot (in terms of chilli) but I was struggling to find even the taste of milder spices in my vegetarian curry. Mu husband had a thali and said that it was definitely not worth the amount of money they charged for it. The best thing about the meal was the Chai I had at the end, but we left feeling very disappointed and very out of pocket! Poor food at a high price. Won't be going there again.

1  Thank Giggles123

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were in the mood for Indian and made a stop at this restaurant in the Barenplatz in city center Bern. The interior was cozy with a decent décor. Most people were sitting outside so we opted to remain inside. The buffet was a little limited but what was available was pretty good. The prices were a bit high but not out of line for Switzerland. One large plate of vegetarian food each was plenty for both my colleague and me. There were only two meat dishes and it was not worth the additional 2 euro to taste them. A large plate was 17.50 CHF and a small plate would have been 12.50 CHF. I probably could have gotten by with the small plate as the large plate is a decent size. We also ordered garlic naan and chili naan. The latter turned out to be the highlight of the meal as it had a nice kick to it. In all, this place was OK. It was an easy, quick stop for lunch that was not overly expensive by Swiss standards. I saw some complaints about service in the other reviewers but that was a non-issue with the buffet.

1  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I went to Bern in Dec 2012 and had lunch here. The buffet menu was decent and the staff were very courteous.

1  Thank prajkumar77
Reviewed 31 December 2012

CHF 210 for two persons for theoretically a seven course menu. More like two courses and a tiny desert. Almost no meat in the meat dishes, vegetable dishes mostly sauce. House wine of average quality @ CHF7.50 for 1dl. Seats with no backrest. Not recommended

1  Thank peter e
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The restaurant is in the centre of Bern and has a lot of tables. The food was good, I ordered a curry and it was very pleasant. The naan bread was disappointing, very tasteless. Service is not too good. The staff is not attentive. I had the impression they are understaffed. The interior needs refreshing, the tables and chairs look cheap. Not the best ambiance for a date.

So, in short, decent but wouldn't go there for a special occasion.