“An average restaurant with 5 Star cost”
Review of Way to India

Way to India
Ranked #57 of 524 Restaurants in Bern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baku, Azerbaijan
“An average restaurant with 5 Star cost”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The restaurant was centrally located and the food quality of good. However, it was too expensive for the food they served and also they charged 16 CHF for 8 glasses of tap water which didn't appear in their menu. The seating arrangement was too congested and service quality of average. I would like to go again only when I do not have any better alternative.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Nice outdoor seating and good spicy Indian food!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We were wanting to have some real spicy Indian good and we got exactly what we wanted. The Paneer masala, Aalu channa and raita were very good. Dal was very ordinary. Nice location.

• Visited September 2013
Biel, Switzerland
“Always a Treat”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

When I'm in Bern for lunch, I enjoy popping in at the "Way to India". They have a buffet lunch which consists of salad, yoghurt-sauce and 3-4 different curries (one's always vegetarian). The service is friendly. It's a little strange that, being in a Swiss city, the staff speak only English. But they go out of their way to help you.
The Food is tasty and not too hot. They have a good selection of Naans and a decent wine list.

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Not good Indian!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Do not go here if you're expecting a 'good Indian meal' - I think spices were just sprinkled on the food which completely lacked flavour. I don't like my Indian food hot (in terms of chilli) but I was struggling to find even the taste of milder spices in my vegetarian curry. Mu husband had a thali and said that it was definitely not worth the amount of money they charged for it. The best thing about the meal was the Chai I had at the end, but we left feeling very disappointed and very out of pocket! Poor food at a high price. Won't be going there again.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Giggles123
Adrian, Michigan
1,302 restaurant reviews
“Decent Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were in the mood for Indian and made a stop at this restaurant in the Barenplatz in city center Bern. The interior was cozy with a decent décor. Most people were sitting outside so we opted to remain inside. The buffet was a little limited but what was available was pretty good. The prices were a bit high but not out of line for Switzerland. One large plate of vegetarian food each was plenty for both my colleague and me. There were only two meat dishes and it was not worth the additional 2 euro to taste them. A large plate was 17.50 CHF and a small plate would have been 12.50 CHF. I probably could have gotten by with the small plate as the large plate is a decent size. We also ordered garlic naan and chili naan. The latter turned out to be the highlight of the meal as it had a nice kick to it. In all, this place was OK. It was an easy, quick stop for lunch that was not overly expensive by Swiss standards. I saw some complaints about service in the other reviewers but that was a non-issue with the buffet.

• Visited May 2013