“Visit Bern - Hotel Allegro”
Review of Hotel Allegro Bern

Hotel Allegro Bern
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Bern
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Location is perfect; a few minutes walk from the old town Bern. Gorgeous food (asian restaurant is recommended). For the room : either take comfort or panorama - it is worth it. Bar in the hotel + cigar lounge for smokers. And not to forget the casino is in the hotel !

Room Tip: Take comfort room (much better than standard as you risk to have no window to open...) If you want t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Nicole R

Great to see how you can sum up all the impressions you have had during your stay with us!
Thank you for sharing your review with the tripadvisor community.
We look forward to your next stay at the Hotel Allegro in Bern.

Greetings,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Allegro Bern

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Bern seemed very busy and the hotel Allegro had good reviews and one of the only hotels in Bern with rooms for the dates I needed. It is a large conference hotel and I asked for a quiet room not on the main road- the room I was given was on the first floor and overlooking a side road - but still too noisy for me - the staff were great and though the hotel was full, they did find me a room at the very end overlooking a roof so no cars.
The lighting , desk and internet were all very good for working - unusual in hotels - and the room was light, spacious and comfortable. It is a conference hotel so lots of people in meetings, meeting dinners etc.
The staff were very helpful and efficient - providing tooth paste and tooth brush within minute as I had forgotten mine.
Breakfast was good- quick service and friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel but would also recommend asking for a room on a higher floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor for the view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Rafiki99,
Greetings from the Hotel Allegro in Bern. Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback via Tripadvisor!

I was glad to see your overall stay was satisfactory, rest assured that I have shared your nice comments pertaining the team and in particular to their quick service and friendliness, to encourage them to keep doing a great job!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property at your next available time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Nice stay at the hotel and also very good dinner at Giordino restaurant. Only point is that te room was interior and not external light inside.

Room design is superb, modern and very comfortable. And the service fanastic. Just small issue with the temperature of the room as I couldn´t drop it and it was really warm,but when outside is -4º I cannot complain about high temperature!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Pilar,
Greetings from the Hotel Allegro in Bern. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback through Tripadvisor.

The team and myself were delighted that your stay was so positive, we very much look forward to welcoming you back here for another great experience!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is nicely situated to the old Bern across the bridge .The staff really are very professional helpful and generally lovely.The food is typically Swiss if you know what that means but the deserts are prettyful crafted .I borrowed one of the bikes and rode around for an hour every day of my 4 day conference stay.The suite was very comfortable including the bed but it was a penthouse and probable cost me a bomb .It was the sort of stay where things where so pleasant that I didnt bother to check how much it cost me..The girls at reception sang Happy birthday to me when i came came down for breakfast how nice was that?.One big problem my wife reminds me was the spa or whirlpool in our room ..The plug didn't work to allow the tub to fill so a bath was out of the question as well.The problem was finally fixed on the last morning of our stay ..Not that efficient ?It didn't concern me as I shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear dinnymick

Thanks for rating our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Allegro. Especially we are happy to hear that you could celebrate your birthday nicely and that the staff was helpful and friendly.

The fact, that your whirlpool plug wasn’t working the way it was supposed to, is a pity and not up to our standards. Thank you so much for that helpful comment since we are always striving to enhance our service standard.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel.
We hope to see you and your wife again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel Allegro is a perfect business hotel that I would even consider to stay at for private accommodation. The decor is very nice, both in public areas and rooms. All rooms have a small balcony, and if you're lucky, you'll get a view over the alps. Staff is very friendly and service minded and the garden is a nice place to have a drink. As for location, it's a short walk over the bridge and Aare river into Bern's pretty city center. Absolutely worth a visit. I was on a business trip and stayed for 2 nights in October 2012.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Travelagent12345

Thank you for rating our hotel on Tripadivsor. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the great location.

I have passed your very kind feedback to our Staff in all departments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel during August. It was about a 15-20 walk from the train station to the hotel, crossing (uphill) over the beautiful Aare River. We arrived hot and tired, but were delighted with the comfort of this modern hotel. Our room was very nice and we were grateful for the free, large bottle of water, little candies on the bed, WiFi, and fruit in the lobby. There was even a Welcome message with our names on it appearing on the TV screen.

The view from our window overlooked the charming neighborhood next door. I believe there were 3 restaurants (pricey) and a casino on the rooftop. There were people enjoying drinks outside in the evening, however we ate in town. (At the Altes Tramdepot by the bear pit --not that great.) We loved this charming little city and the river!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear dinabwilson

Thank you for your great feedback on tripadvisor.

We are very pleased that you liked the room, the bottle of water and candies which you received and the free WiFi.

We do have three restaurant, one is the Italian Giardino, the Asian restaurant Yù and our award winning restaurant Meridiano, maybe you will get the chance to try one on your next visit. They are all lovely.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you on a future visit to Bern.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Well, you need to make sure you go to the bear enclosure and see the city's namesakes. It's a 15 minute walk from this well situated hotel.

This hotel is located across the river, about a 20 minute walk from the train station, and about 10 minutes to the old town of the city. Well situated, very pleasant stay.

We had an atrium room, so the main window in our room looked out over a hotel corridor. We kept the curtains closed to have our privacy, but there was a side window which allowed for natural light. This room was less expensive so we decided to try it and we would do it again. There was enough light for us, but if you're not sure, ask to see the room to see if you'd be comfortable with it and the privacy issue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
bernallegro, Manager at Hotel Allegro Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear alastairdeacon

It’s nice to read, that you were satisfied with the economy room.

We hope to welcome you again soon in Berne.