I had a very small room. It had a high window with an opener at the top that I couldn't reach to shut. The open window seemed to amplify the noise in the street, which happened to be workmen drilling. I'm not that sensitive to noise but even in this case I couldn't hear myself think with the repetition of the drilling!! If I closed the window the room would get too hot because I couldn't find any air conditioning.
No tea & coffee in room
No minibar (but I don’t mind)
The bathroom didn't have a bath but stand up shower, with bodywash bottle rather than individual toileteries
WiFi was excellent!! The booking said it was included but that was lobby/communal areas only. I had to pay for it in room but I think it was only CHF 3 for 48 hrs which was excellent value.
Breakfast selection deceptively good considering the serving table was small. Seemed to have almost everything. A note on the drinks:
* the orange juice was the smooth stuff from the cartons (I prefer it with juicy bits)
* I couldn't see any hot chocolate *but* I guess they might serve it if someone asks for it
* a nice touch was heated milk served with coffee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful old townhouse is just a short walk from the main railway station and "Bundeshaus" parliament building. Whether a day's shopping in the historic arcades or a mixed cultural offer. Almost everything is within easy walking distance. Guests can enjoy the various day rooms, small gym and free use of the Internet terminal. FREE W-LAN connections are also available throughout the hotel and at the restaurant. And there are wonderful views of the old town and the Alps from the roof terrace of the Kreuz Bern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Kreuz Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kreuz Swiss q Bern