Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here. The hotel was calm, stately and cool on a hot summers day. Staff were helpful and attentive. My room was lovely and pillows and bedding comfortable. Everything was as expected of a quality luxury hotel.
I worked late so missed breakfast. I decided to get a snack on the terrace. It has a great view and is nicely sheltered. I ordered a Croque Monsieur and coffee. Espresso was good, service prompt and pleasant and the food was possibly the most expensive ham and cheese toastie I have ever had. This would be ok if it had come dressed up as a chic dish. The toast was divided into there individually parcelled morsel bites. It was poncey and tasted dry and and cold. terrible.
So lovely hotel, nice visit but be warned about pretentious food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel of the Swiss government with a history extending back 150 years - The BELLEVUE PALACE is the only grand hotel in the heart of the capital. The magnificent salons, the grandiose vista of the Bernese Alps and the warm hospitality make this luxury hotel so unique. It has always been a meeting place for politicians and diplomats, it featured in John le Carre's spy novels, and it is also a casual meeting place for the whole of Berne. La BELLE VIE au BELLEVUE PALACE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BELLEVUE PALACE Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Palace Bern Hotel Bern
- Bellevue Palace Hotel Bern
- Bern Bellevue Palace Hotel