Hotel Landhaus
US$173
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ibis Styles Bern City(Bern)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftbear pitthe riveryogurtnumber busold townone nightbreadtop floorrose gardenacross the bridgewould highly recommend this hotelperfect locationfirst floortrain stationreception areawould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I picked this hotel because of the Tripadvisor reviews. I spent two nights there and I do not regret it! The location is simply wonderful, just cross the bridge and you are in the medieval city center. Berne is crazily expensive but this hotel is affordable. My room was clean but very basic (no cupboard for clothes, sparse lights, small bathroom, very very very creaky floor), but that's okay with me for a few nights. Breakfast okay although I would have liked some fruit, staff very friendly and they make you feel welcome. People who do not walk well should stay elsewhere, because there is no elevator and the old stairs are rather steep.

Room Tip: My room had a balcony with a great view on the river and the city. I did not know beforehand that there was a balcony or I would have asked for it. I was very happy to sit there from time to time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Travelling with 4 friends in Bern, we found just a bridge away from the old town the perfect place to crash.
Superb boutique style (the real "boutique") public areas, with a super friendly bar/reception area making the place close to the warm feel of a hostel, with a proper hotel service, awesome INCLUDED breakfast, the place is really the best value for money hotel we got the chance to stay for a while, despite very high 5 star standards.
We stayed in a family room (2x bunk beds + 1 double) and if nothing was luxurious, the combination of decor + vintage furnitures & small design touches were definitely making the room more charming than the usual old and tacky flowery style one can find in hotel from this range...
Surely more aimed towards a younger target, than business travellers looking for rasor sockets in the bathroom, but we really felt welcome.

Only low point was getting awakened by a drunk guest knocking at 3 am at our door, obviously confusing floors... Definitely not to blame the hotel for it...

Location is ace, really close to everything and only a steady slope away from the famous Bern Bears...
Definitely my new stop for any trip back in Berne!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TeamMinibout
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel with a lot of charm. It is well decorated and has a unique ambiance. The rooms are clean and spacious enough. The owner, Patrick is very kind and helpful. We arrived very early and they offered to put our luggages in a storage room until our check-in. The hotel is well located near the bears park and the old town. The breafast is excellent. I recommend this unique hotel very much.... except for honeymooners... the double room is compose of 2 single beds..... I don't know if they a have double beds in an other room. As you say Patrick... Santé Monsieur!!

Room Tip: double rooms are compose of 2 single beds...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joel L
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I came here with a group of friends for the Armada Cup in Bern, so we were quite a large group (18 people altogether!). We all stayed in a mix of dorms and family rooms and we all shared bathrooms. I didn't know what to expect but it was no problem as everything was cleaned daily. The bedding was really confortable and super clean and so were the rooms. The bonus is getting woken up by the smell of croissants baking for breakfast (best way to wake up!)
We had a great time there, the staff was very welcoming and very helpful. The hotel is very charming, nicely decorated and has a cute little garden at the front.
I would definitely come back and recommend if you're looking for a nice, laid-back hotel with a great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Old hotel but with lots of character. Stayed with another couple in a four bedded room. Comfortable and basic. Outside garden area very relaxing for an evening drink.
Manager Patrick very friendly and and helpful and so were the staff.
Situated opposite the river with beautiful views and down the road from the bear pit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends