Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
eDreams
STEAMSHIP48
London, United Kingdom

Great for solo female traveller ...

Review of Hotel Landhaus
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Mar 2018via mobile
Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting the Gurlitt Looted Art exhibition . Patrick / Albert was very welcoming and gave me the free public transport pass for the two days I stayed , which even got me to Bern airport. My top floor room was comfortable with everything I needed ( though could have done with a comfortable chair...) nearby were several restaurants or it was easy to walk into central Bern where there are lots of gorgeous shops and restaurants you can also walk or get the 12 bus to the Paul Klee Centrum which is in a beautiful building. Great breakfast with really good coffee and plenty of it . I also ate dinner there one night which was just right if you are on your own and just want to chill out with a glass of wine and read a book . I would love to return one day !

Date of stay: February 2018
ibis Styles
£142
1.5 miles from Hotel Landhaus
View more hotels in Bern
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel was lovely overlooking the river and next to rosenpark and bärenpark. You can take tram no 12 which is very easy from the train station. Keep in mind its not a fancy hotel so it doesn't offer modern facilities in the rooms and there is no lift nor a reception area. However, the staff were very friendly and the homemade fresh breakfast was lovely. Theres a kitchen that you can use on the first floor. The hotel offers a free guestcard that you can use on all public transportation. All in all we were satisfied with our stay.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rimy25
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I found this cute and funky little place while searching for cost effective lodging for my current prolonged stint in Europe.
It has a desirable location at the end of the charming Old Town. The lovely woods past the bear area aren't far away; as well, the shops and cafes are within walking distance.
The owners are a very kind, friendly and helpful couple, Frida and Albert.
The room was small, as expected for the great price point, but it was cozy, with a very comfortable memory foam mattress and toppper.
There is a restaurant on site, with outdoor seatiing, as well.
My only caveat for this property is the narrow stairs, so perhaps not suitable for those with a disability; however, it should be noted that Albert cheerfully assists with baggage upon arrival and check out.
I believe the secret is out on them, as they are frequently highly booked.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Landhaus in the Spring of 2017. As I recall, it was very quiet but not too far from the 'center' of Bern. It was also within walking distance to the historic Bärengraben, which is worth a visit if you're in Bern. I did not eat at the hotel but many people were enjoying food and cocktails in the outdoor seating area. I would stay here again if I were to visit Bern in the future.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We paid 189Sfr including local tax for one night in Landhaus. Very expensive for a basic little hotel. Otherwise all Good, A lovely young Israeli girl looked after us and made us feel welcome (and told us of how she sometimes goes home via the river...by jumping into it and floating downstream like so many other bern residents do!) Everything is very clean, we had a lovely view of the river (We could hear it flow too) it's a quiet part of town but only minutes away from the heart. Decent bathroom, breakfast is simple but perfectly adequate (Only museli as cereal, nice yogurt, no boiled egg ☹ croissant) the rose garden is only 5-10 mins walk from the hotel, really worth a visit (I've included a pic of the view) recommended but bring your wallet.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Albert and Frida were the perfect hosts. I have never known anyone to work as hard and be as helpful as Albert and the team. We had a lovely room with balcony overlooking the river. Serge/Kevin our room mascot was wonderfully attentive (see photo). The evening meal was excellent, the outside area is so peaceful and relaxing you can do nothing but enjoy the time there. The hotel is close enough to walk into the main town area and bear pit, and there are bars and restaurants in the area if you fancy a change.

Room tip: Top floor room with balcony was wonderful
Date of stay: April 2017