“Have to pay for one extra night ?”
Review of Hotel La Pergola

Hotel La Pergola
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Bern
New York City, New York
“Have to pay for one extra night ?”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The room was okay it was convenient.

what started as an "okay stay" turn into something horrible, on the last night of my stay I asked the front office if I can extend my stay for one more night. She said it was full and I was put in the waiting lists.

I specifically told her to call me or inform me when if there is an available room. No calls/emails/ notification were made to my room during the night.

The next day when I checked out she said that she already put my name on it and I have to pay. she insists I have to pay. so there we go another 200$ comes to waste because of the mistake of the FRONT OFFICE. I work in the industry so I know how everything works. just terrible. unprofessional !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Slovak first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel provided just what I needed on a business trip: good location (in relation to my business meeting point, not regarding the city center), ok breakfast, welcoming and effective front-desk, staff is very kind. Drawbacks: probably not a super modern hotel (needs some refreshing), but the bathroom and the beds are fine. All in all I cannot complain. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tango01
Reading
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed for a week (work) in a frozen January. The rooms are very basic but warm and internet is free and works well and I encountered no problems during my stay.

The little extras were welcome such as a helpful, friendly service from the staff and complementary fruit and wafers in reception. The breakfast was quite basic but fine.

The location is average, a 10 minute walk from the station and centre.

I recommend a walk up to Gurten park to the south. You can get the tram and a funicular railway or alternatively it is maybe an hours walk over there and up the hill (dodge the sledgers on the way up!).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Yes, is not as expensive as the center of Bern but rooms and hotel lack caracter, walk to the center is not too long but boring and the only rediming features are the loveley staff and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Javier E
Brazil
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The staff is always ready to help you, a clean and modern style hotel. Sure I will be back to Hotel la Pergula when in Bern.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Modern style hotel a bit too far away from the centre. Front desk staff very helpful, breakfast staff less so. Handy parking. A bit characterless for such a charming city.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gary F
Brisbane
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Even though Hotel La Pergola is not in the old part of Bern city, it is only a 5-10 min tram ride away from the centre, or a 15-20 stroll. We enjoyed this boutique hotel as it was clean, tidy, fresh, comfortable, and a very nice breakfast spot in the mornings. To enter the hotel, look for the walkway just off the street. Good pizzas from the small corner pizza shop just up the road (heading towards the city centre), and also a good set priced meal from another nearby 5-minute-walk hotel - ask the La Pergola reception staff for the dining voucher (sorry, can't remember the name of the other hotel or the price, but we were pleased with our meal and our included-in-the-price glass of wine). When walking around Bern, enjoy all the fountains and their statues along the cobbled main street. Enjoy Bern !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple