“Very clean hotel but rooms are very small”
Review of Hotel La Pergola

Hotel La Pergola
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Bern
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Pergola for 1 night as we had a meeting close by. La Pergola is in the heart of Bern which is very convenient. The hotel is ver tidy, and the staff very helpful. Unfortunately the room was very small and the bathroom very narrow. I would not stay there again on that ground. Although we asked for the quietest room as possible, we could here the Tram.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liany

Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is a no frills hotel with courteous staff, basic rooms, good location, good breakfast and very good wifi.

During a business trip I spent 1 week in this hotel (so no idea how the hotel is during the day). The rooms are basic, functional, clean and do the job (no airconditioning so in the few hot days of the year take care). Bed is comfortable enough.

Breakfast is quite good for a Hotel of this quality - fresh fruit, good individually prepared and served coffee, ham, boiled eggs and all the rest. Buffet is on a counter about 2 meters in length so don't expect a great selection. I did not try and ask for any extras (omelette or so).

Wifi from my room was great and free - standard free access requires you to receive an SMS text message and login with the given password. There were other ways to login but I didn't try them...

reception open 24hrs!

All in all - good place if you need a no frills place to sleep. Didn't check the price of other places in the immediate vicinity so no idea if it is good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AniSan
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The room was okay it was convenient.

what started as an "okay stay" turn into something horrible, on the last night of my stay I asked the front office if I can extend my stay for one more night. She said it was full and I was put in the waiting lists.

I specifically told her to call me or inform me when if there is an available room. No calls/emails/ notification were made to my room during the night.

The next day when I checked out she said that she already put my name on it and I have to pay. she insists I have to pay. so there we go another 200$ comes to waste because of the mistake of the FRONT OFFICE. I work in the industry so I know how everything works. just terrible. unprofessional !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel provided just what I needed on a business trip: good location (in relation to my business meeting point, not regarding the city center), ok breakfast, welcoming and effective front-desk, staff is very kind. Drawbacks: probably not a super modern hotel (needs some refreshing), but the bathroom and the beds are fine. All in all I cannot complain. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tango01
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed for a week (work) in a frozen January. The rooms are very basic but warm and internet is free and works well and I encountered no problems during my stay.

The little extras were welcome such as a helpful, friendly service from the staff and complementary fruit and wafers in reception. The breakfast was quite basic but fine.

The location is average, a 10 minute walk from the station and centre.

I recommend a walk up to Gurten park to the south. You can get the tram and a funicular railway or alternatively it is maybe an hours walk over there and up the hill (dodge the sledgers on the way up!).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Yes, is not as expensive as the center of Bern but rooms and hotel lack caracter, walk to the center is not too long but boring and the only rediming features are the loveley staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Javier E
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The staff is always ready to help you, a clean and modern style hotel. Sure I will be back to Hotel la Pergula when in Bern.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family