“basic but ok”
Review of Hotel La Pergola

Hotel La Pergola
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Bern
Reviewed 23 June 2013

It's a very basic hotel without any frills, however, rooms are functional and berakfast is good. Beware because there is no ac in the rooms and it can get loud if people are talking in the corridor.
The hotel is not in the centre of Bern, but is very well connected to the center by tram. If you are here with the car, the hotel is a good choice because you can park here. If you are here with the train, it is 10 minutes from the station.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank philosion

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms, fast and free Wi-Fi internet in the room, good breakfast. The hotel is situated at a quiet location close the city center (about 10 minutes walk or two bus stops from the main train station).
There weren't coffee and tea facilities in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The hotel is a little out of the centre with not much immediately around it, but it is a fairly easy walk from the station. Friendly staff, and a nice breakfast with decent coffee. Mattress was way too soft for me, but that's personal.

What makes this a poor review is the noise that starts a 8am. The room cleaning starts at 8am and is noisy. And twice at 8.30 I had a cleaner walk straight into my room without knocking while I was getting dressed - I don't expect to need a 'do not disturb' sign at 8.30 in the morning. On Saturday I wanted to sleep in, but was woken by lots of noise from reception at 9am. I have stayed at plenty of hotels in Switzerland - this is not normal.

No idea about value for money as this was booked and paid for by somebody else.

Room Tip: Maybe these are problems for the first floor only?
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon G
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The hotel is recently renovated. Our room was really nice, clean and spacious (one double bed, one single bed and a baby crib). The bathroom is realy modern. Very nice included breakfast and kind staff. Very close to a tram stop that goes to train station and historical Bern centre.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank chrissbrazil
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Pergola for 1 night as we had a meeting close by. La Pergola is in the heart of Bern which is very convenient. The hotel is ver tidy, and the staff very helpful. Unfortunately the room was very small and the bathroom very narrow. I would not stay there again on that ground. Although we asked for the quietest room as possible, we could here the Tram.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liany
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is a no frills hotel with courteous staff, basic rooms, good location, good breakfast and very good wifi.

During a business trip I spent 1 week in this hotel (so no idea how the hotel is during the day). The rooms are basic, functional, clean and do the job (no airconditioning so in the few hot days of the year take care). Bed is comfortable enough.

Breakfast is quite good for a Hotel of this quality - fresh fruit, good individually prepared and served coffee, ham, boiled eggs and all the rest. Buffet is on a counter about 2 meters in length so don't expect a great selection. I did not try and ask for any extras (omelette or so).

Wifi from my room was great and free - standard free access requires you to receive an SMS text message and login with the given password. There were other ways to login but I didn't try them...

reception open 24hrs!

All in all - good place if you need a no frills place to sleep. Didn't check the price of other places in the immediate vicinity so no idea if it is good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AniSan
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The room was okay it was convenient.

what started as an "okay stay" turn into something horrible, on the last night of my stay I asked the front office if I can extend my stay for one more night. She said it was full and I was put in the waiting lists.

I specifically told her to call me or inform me when if there is an available room. No calls/emails/ notification were made to my room during the night.

The next day when I checked out she said that she already put my name on it and I have to pay. she insists I have to pay. so there we go another 200$ comes to waste because of the mistake of the FRONT OFFICE. I work in the industry so I know how everything works. just terrible. unprofessional !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business