Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sebas T
The Hague, The Netherlands

Good hotel for a short visit

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jul 2018via mobile
We stayed in bern for one night, and had a great time. Rooms were clean, friendly staff and the tram stopped right in front of the hotel. The only problem was that there was no airconditioning (it was 36°C outside) and the room was quite cramped. Altogether a good hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
    £353
    £444
0.7 miles from Hotel La Pergola
View more hotels in Bern
All reviews adequate space old town residential area free public transport ticket one night stay city centre short stay convenient location sofa receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Good Hotel in City center close to all amenities, with nice small guarden especially at the SUmmer, you can buy your drinks and sit in the guarden

Walking distance from Shops and Restaurants abpout 5 minutes, only one small issue with room mattress is not really that good however the room is well serviced.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This is a basic 3 star hotel in Bern, relatively close to center, but also off center so you can rest in quit.
Staff is very friendly, and helpful.

Breakfast is really nice - although there are no warm dishes served.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hansjuerg N, Manager at Hotel La Pergola, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Ran N
Thank you very much for your great feedback. Nice that you enjoyed our service and breakfast.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Short stay in this hotel.
Very good hospitality, efficient employees at the reception! Very kind.
My room was nice and big, bathroom a bit small.
Not perfectly clean, unfortunately...
Breakfast is awesome, a lot of choice of good products!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jackkkx
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I have booked a room in that hotel for my me and family 4 tot. Room was Little but with all conforts. People very nice and Big hospitality. Breakfast wondeful and location very Well placed Close to city center Even walking. They provide a pass for all the public transport so i book garage for the car. For Sure Is expensive the city itself. I really enjoy my stay here!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room is a fair sized, but the furniture is too big for it and not functional at all.

We were staying for 2 weeks and there's was almost no place to put our clothes (I think they expect you to live out of your suitcase, which I find extremely uncomfortable, especially for so long), I unpacked my suitcase in the only small glass shelves they had.

There was a office chair that was enormous and I kept stumbling on its feet.
Another unnecessarily bulky piece of furniture was the footstool that we decided to use to hold my husband's suitcase open, therefore getting the so needed access to the suitcase without losing (the scarce) floor space..

The bed is so light that it didn't stay in place when we were on activity there . (You got it. Our neighbors too). :-/

The enormous painting they had on the wall is amazing, but that space could be used for shelves and/or towel bars)

The toilet paper feels like sandpaper in your private parts, but I noted that everywhere was like that, including my mom's home, so maybe they have no options? Bring moisturized wipes.

About the facilities:

The best of all amenities the hotel has is the bus pass that is valid in Bern (transportation is very expensive in Switzerland).
For that I would give this hotel a 10 (but I think all hotels in Switzerland offer this amenity.)

On the downside the breakfast only goes until 9:30 am during the week, which I feel is too early if you are on vacation. But they were flexible the day I called at 9:20 and asked for packed breakfast (they offer it and I thought it is a great ideia); they told me that they would hold on a little more for me.

About the services:

the staff is very solicitous and eager to help.

An interesting situation happened to me at this hotel:

The attendant who helped us in the first night, made a few mistakes, like telling me that the displayed snacks were for free and not taking proper note of our vehicle to register it to the hotel log.

Well, we found out that the snacks were not for free at the THIRD day after we arrived!
When I explained myself, the second attendant didn't want to charge me for snacks I had previously, even though I insisted in paying back.
I paid only for the one I was eating at that moment.

And the car...we found out a week later when we couldn't find a free spot available, that the guy didn't do what it was supposedly to be done, so our parking wasn't charged either.

Date of stay: July 2017