Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Onegin2018
Seattle, Washington

Great Stay

Review of ibis Bern Expo
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Aug 2018
We really enjoyed our stay at the Ibis Bern Expo. Check-in was smooth and fast. Parking garage located right at the hotel with an elevator from garage to your floor. Our room and bath was spacious and very clean and had a newly refurbished feel to it. AC worked great and kept up with the July heat without any problems. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a Fuse-ball table in the lobby which my son and I enjoyed playing in the evening. The whole hotel has a casual relaxing feel to it. The hotel is not in the city center but it took us about 10-15 min on a tram which stops right across the street from the hotel to get to the center. We did not have breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment. Next time we are in Bern, we will be back at the Ibis Bern Expo. Great stay.
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
ibisbern, Manager at ibis Bern Expo, responded to this review
Responded 8 Aug 2018
Dear Onegin2018

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our unbeatable location here in Bern. It is our pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback and we are extremely proud to share your comments with our whole team. Thank you!

We hope to welcome you again very soon! Sunny regards from beautiful Bern

£175
    £444
    £352
    £444
View more hotels in Bern
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Friendly reception. The rooms are neat and feel spacious. The breakfast is fine (on weekends until 12 o'clock, super!) with very good coffee. The WiFi is excellent.
The hotel is easy to reach. Public transportation stops in front of the hotel and is free throughout the stay.

Only downside was that in 1 of the 4 rooms the air conditioning did not work and this could not be solved by the hotel during our stay of 3 nights.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Tjebbe d
ibisbern, Manager at ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Tjebbe G,

Thank you for taking the time to write us after your stay at the Hotel Ibis Bern Expo. We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Bern. Indeed the Tramstation in front of our Hotel is perfectly situated for our guests.
You pointed out you experienced some problems with the AC in one of your rooms. We are sorry to hear this influenced your stay withs us and that the Problem was not solved during your stay here in Bern. We will investigate this issue with our maintenance department. Thank you for your understanding.

We very much hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we would be happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards and all the best to you.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Pros: Well-designed all-functional cozy room. Comfortable bed. Excellent shower.
Close to Wankdorf shopping center. Tram 9 takes you to the city center and the main railway station.
Very friendly personnel.

Cons: 1) Our window faced the courtyard, above the hotel entrance. Strange enough, but there was very noisy all nights because of the guests sitting by the entrance, talking and shouting non-stop.
2) No other toiletry but soap in dispensers. No glass cups (plastic ones only).
3) Water tap very low, not allowing to fill a bottle.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Nesher2010

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our unbeatable location here in Bern aswell that you had a good night's sleep in our Ibis Sweet Bed. We are more than happy to share your comments regarding the personnel with our whole Team. Thank you!
We apologize for the disturbances caused by the guests sitting by the entrance. Unfortunately, this behavior is beyond our control. Of course, you can contact our reception staff at any time by phone or in person, so that the relevant guests can be made aware of the disturbing behavior.
Our showering supplies like soap and shampoo are actually combined in one tube. This is standard in every Ibis Hotel across the world to help conserve the environment. By using a single product and tube instead of several small plastic bottles, we save huge amounts of waste.
We understand that our water taps in the Hotelrooms are too low to fill a bottle with water. Therefore our guests are always very welcome to come to the reception and ask a front desk agent to fill up their bottle.

We hope to welcome you again very soon here in Bern!
Sunny regards from beautiful Bern

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

It's a 2 star hotel but an employee like Mr jamil make it a special hotel. He went out of the way every time we asked him to help. THANK U VERY MUCH for your help Mr Jamil .bern is an excellent base and would recommend the hotel only because of Mr Jamil

Trip type: Travelled with family
ibisbern, Manager at ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Rakchicago999,

Thank you for your wonderful review on your stay at the Hotel Ibis Bern Expo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with Jamil. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to Jamil. We hope you enjoyed your time here in Bern with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

Many greetings from beautiful Bern

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Best Ibis I've stayed at!

PROS: Location seems far on the map but it is actually close and the tram station is right outside. We even walked from the hotel to Rosengartner and it just took us a couple of minutes. There is a mall close by with a huge supermarket.

Property is nice, seems recently renovated. Lobby, breakfast area and rooms are great! Rooms have the new Ibis scheme, and I think it is such an improvement from their previous design.

Staff was friendly
Breakfast was standard Ibis, with is very good.

CONS: none

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ibisbern, Manager at ibis Bern Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Jorge S

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Sunny regards from beautiful Bern

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I'm always travelling for work and just checked-in to Ibis for a meeting in Bern this week. My suit had a few creases and I needed to get it ironed out. However being a budget friendly hotel there was no iron in my room. I went to the front desk to ask for an iron as well as an adapter since my US plug wouldn't work and I somehow brought the wrong adapter. I was told I will be charged for it. This was no problem for me so I asked the gentleman to charge it to my room. He said he cannot do that - he needed me to pay in cash. I said "can I pay with my credit card?" His response again was no sorry I can only do cash.
I've just arrived and frankly have no cash on me at the moment and there wasn't an ATM nearby that I could find.
WoW! In 2018, with all the forms of payment available this is truly surprising to me. I would imagine that it would have saved me time if they would include it on their list of amenities, that no iron provided and cash is required if you need to use one.
As a hotel guest, I expected him to have made a provision to accomodate my request but he didn't. I guess i don't look like their typical guest.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Suzette D

Dear Suzette

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.

All amenities, such as an iron, hair dryer or adapter are available at the Front Desk. We take a caution cash of CHF 20.00 (or any currency our guests carry with them). At the moment the amenities are returned, the money is given back to the guest.
At our hotel we have many employees with different nationalities, so please be sure that the behavior of our employee was not an act of unequal treatment. Anyway we are sorry, that you did not get the warm and friendly treatment every guest deserve whilst staying with us.

Kind regards and all the best to you.