See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2014

There are better hotels in Thun. But we just came across this one and stayed there.
The hotel is located a few minutes walk from old town circus (Rathouse). Rooms have a gorgeous view on Thun's castle and the mountains. Breakfast is good with nice variety of sausages and cheese.
Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Sleep quality is good. Bath is large and have a bidet available.
The room decor is outdated. shades of brown and green. feels like a 70's old movie.

I was told that there is parking for hotel guests. At check-out I discovered that it cost me 15CHF. They should have told me this, when I arrived.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in a single room in July 2014, The room was very hot with no air conditioning. The bathroom in my single room was very tired and looked like 70s decor. There was also a lot of road noise from outside.

Breakfast was ok and rooms were clean and basic. Location of hotel is a 10 minute walk to city centre.

Friends of mine stayed in another room and this was better but still very basic.
For the price we paid 130 CHF for a single room I would have liked a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

tayed at this hotel as part of a cycling vacation, where you cycle from town to town. The bike company reserved the hotels for us and delivers the luggage to the next hotel every day. As a one-day hotel it was OK, but I don’t think I would want to spend a longer vacation here.
The hotel has some good points going for it: large rooms, good location (walking distance from just about anywhere you would want to get to in Thun), clean, nice view from the windows and had a bathtub to sooth my aching muscles from cycling.
On the other hand, the hotel looks like it was built and furnished in the 60 or 70 in minimalistic style and has more of a feeling of visiting an old-folks home rather than a vacation place. The atmosphere is just not fun.
Being an old hotel there are no free electrical outlets to charge your Phone/PC/Camera. Had to disconnect the minibar and fan for that. The elevators would not pass security regulations where I come from, as they have no internal door that separates you form the wall when moving. But to my surprise I have seen this in other hotels in Switzerland.
Breakfast was OK, but the dining room staff didn’t speak English so we had to get the girl from the reception to translate.
There is a secure car park underneath the building for a fee. WiFi is also at a fee. No safe in the rooms, but there is one at the reception
All in All, an OK hotel, but something about the old ambiance that will prevent me from recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed a few nights and found it to be clean with an excellent breakfast. It is well sited at the top of the old town with easy walking access to most places. the main criticism is that the rooms are in need of refurbishment or at least re-decoration. However, the main aspects are fine and we would stay there again on the balance of location, price and general facilities.

Room Tip: The rear rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The rooms were very old and not very confortable Rooms had little fridge, which was nice. We lost our luggage during the trip and just our luck, the rooms did not have any bathroom necessities.

The staff was nice and helpful and the location of the hotel was good. Just a few minutes walk to the river. WiFi cost 45 CHF for 30 hours and also shorter deals were available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business