“Top class hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thun
Zurich, Switzerland
“Top class hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Everything was really good in Seepark and I definitely recommend other people to stay there, either if it is for leisure or business. The staff was incredibly friendly and always prepared to help out in all kinds of areas, for example with excursion tips. What I especially liked was the great breakfast smorgasbord with everything you could wish for. If it was up to me I could have stayed hours just at the breakfast area having the amazing view of Lake Thun in front of me. The spa was also top class and very calming and soothing after a long day out on excursions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jullebulle86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My impression of this hotel is that it is used mainly for conference and as a training venue. This means that the rooms are clean, bright but sparse and functional. Anyone expecting luxury will be disappointed. The lunch we had in the dining room away from the main delegate area was outstanding, as was the view and the location, which is ideal for exploring one of the most beautiful cities in Switzerland or simply for walking around the park. Other features betray what I imagine is the main purpose of the hotel. When we asked for an iron and board we were directed to an ironing room on the second floor. When my family and I arrived at the hotel at 2am after a long trip, the reception staff looked at us while drinking their tea and we had to bring in our luggage ourselves, presumably because this was outside their standard conference working hours. The same staff had difficulty in checking us out because they were unfamiliar with the hotel management system, again probably because it was outside normal conference working hours. Would we stay there again? Yes but we would adjust our expectations beforehand, hence the three-blob rating

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
bern
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just back from the brunch table at Seepark.
Brunch at this hotel was a present from a friend and mostly we were satisfied however as always seems to happen with buffets the cold food is cold but the hot food is never hot only luke warm.
If anyone can invent something which keeps food hot without continued cooking then apply to Dragons Den , I`m sure you get the money.
Menu included bacon scambled eggs , boiled eggs , sausiges , roast beef , hams and more , but where were the baked beans ...
Observing the staff it appeared that new diners had problems of finding there tables with no resturant manager available to show them. I had the feeling they were short of staff.
Overall it was good but just failed to reach grander hights

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stay here only one night in July : the standard room is very very small , tiny box , very zen = no decoration at all , small balcony overlooking on the side park . No lake view at all from the
rooms , due to the architecture. No possibilities to do hot tea or coffee in room.
The main road is in front of the hotel , so WITHOUT A/C ( 4 * hotel ! ) you must let your patio door open overnight for aeration , so you will hear the traffic noises all night !! Can not really rest , even you are on a lake -side hotel !
Bathroom is modern , well appointed.
Service at restaurant for the dinner is not professionnal : we order a white wine , the lady comes later with a red wine , then we told her it's not the good . She disappears for a while , then we have to remind her to serve the wine we ordered.
Food is average , very pricy because you are in Switzerland !
Breakfast is nice , with many choices, fresh fruits , etc..
Thun is not far from the hotel , the site is very beautiful , but this hotel is a disaster !
If we return in the area , we will choose another hotel !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sissi n
Schlieren, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed only one night, because we went to see the Musical at the Thuner Seefestspiele. The double rooms are rather small, but newly renovated and nice. Without telling the Hotel I took my son along and we were 3 persons to share - the receptionist was very flexible and kind as the Hotel was booked out and the three of us could stay in a double room.
Careful, there is no real Access to the lake, so Swimming is not really that nice. I figured from the picutres, that this would be possible.
What annoyed me was the expensive dinner. They had a theatre menu which included a one-way shuttle for 68 Swiss Francs. For a glass of red wine (Rioja) we payed 16 Swiss Francs !! After the dinner - we started at 5:45 pm and the whole service took almost 2 hours - we wanted to take the shuttle. I arrived no Minute early at the Musical. Having only 3 parties and we were eating the menu they suggested, the Service was unprofessional and all in a rush. There is room for improvement - especially with a bill of 400 Chf for dinner only.

Room Tip: The Rooms near the street are noisy, as there is some traffic in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've now stayed in this hotel on and off for the past 4 years. The view from the restaurant is so heavenly, I'm actually pleased to get up out of bed and have breakfast every morning! They have an excellent wellness spa, which every time I've been, has been empty; fun kayaks which you can hire free of charge to go out on the lake; free powered bikes to ride around town; and a very fun bowling alley.

The staff are very friendly and now all acknowledge me personally, and although this is not a cosy hotel (geared towards business), I can thoroughly recommend staying in the suites as they are modern and spacious.

By far the best hotel in Thun.

Room Tip: I would only stay in the suites as the standard rooms do look a little small.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here three time. Wonderful staff, nice hotel AND dogs are allowed!! The prices are too high for my taste, but it is Switzerland. This time (last week) I stayed there again, but got a very small room. I made the reservation months ago, so it's not that they had to cram me in.

Again, the staff was wonderful, the room a real disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thun
Hotel & Restaurant Schlossberg
Hotel Restaurant Bellevue au Lac
Hotel Emmental
Hotel Emmental
#6 of 9 in Thun

Been to Congress Hotel Seepark? Share your experiences!