“What a place for a wedding”
Review of Schloss Schadau - CLOSED

Schloss Schadau
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding at Schloss Schadau. The location is amazing and the perfect weather conditions made it magical. We enjoyed a wonderful apéro afterwards. The staff was very professional yet friendly and casual. The finger food and the Moët was yummi!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I only visited the restaurant rooms - so charming and the perfect spot for Christmas. The flowers, the lights, the charming decorations all fit perfectly with the building. The waiter let me sit in one of the parlours and enjoy a glass of wine while he prepared beautiful tables for obviously a special private holiday dinner. When I win the Lotto I'm going to host a grande party here !

Reviewed 11 April 2013

The place is known for wedding, no wonder... it's gorgeous! The location is unbeatable with the view of the lake and the beauty of the caste, who wouldn’t want to be wed there?! My husband and I did too!

What can I say; if the management would be different I'd probably spare myself few grey hairs. We did end up having a great wedding, but I would not recommend this place to my friends simply because the management, in particular THE BIG BOSS: Mr. Friedli, will make you want to regret making this decision every step of the way.

While organizing the wedding we saw that the management showed absolutely no flexibility and we were lied to on several occasions. Only one person who seems to take all the decisions is Mr. Friedli who is always in meetings and never attainable, hence you can imagine how difficult it was to get anything confirmed when the person in charge is never there to pick up the phone, answer email or meet. We planned our wedding nearly 1 year in advance the only times we saw the 'big boss' was the first time we came by the castle to have a tour and on our wedding day (half way through dinner). Once we signed our contract, Mr. Friedli became immediately unavailable for any personal requests or arrangements.

One particular event that made us extremely pissed off, was nearly 2 weeks before our big day. We have agreed on a particular arrangement about 6 months before the wedding was due, about month before our big day day we realized that the originally verbally confirmed request was all of a sudden not possible. After spending 2 weeks trying to get a clarification on the issue from Mr. Friedli by email (he was never available when we called) we struck a wall and realised that if we don’t get a response ASAP our plans were going to be ruined. That day we called the Schadau several times (in a timeframe of an hour). The waitress(s) gave different responses regarding the whereabouts of Mr. Friedli, starting from he is in a meeting with a client at the Schadau, to in a meeting outside of Schadau, or having a day off. When speaking to one of the waitresses at one point I caught her on her own lie which naturally made me very angry and my husband and I agreed to drive there to see them face to face. When we arrived the waiter we’ve never seen before was about to call Mr. Friedli down to meet us, until the restaurant manager who’s been previously dealing with us saw us and stopped the waiter from fetching Mr. Friedli with the explanation that he was having a day off… Let me remind you, he was working (meeting clients) all day when we were calling few hours earlier. After causing a minor scandal we were finally able to get a confirmation for our originally requested arrangement from that lady.

Our wedding planners (people with 15 years of experience in event planning) were completely mistreated and talked down to.

Originally agreed prices were raised few weeks before the wedding was due.
Oh well there were plenty of points there!

With regards to the food, I have nothing negative to say, food was fantastic, the chef has done an amazing job there!! Bravo!

So to conclude: the venue, food, atmosphere is great – Mr Friedli (the management in one man) is money hungry and doesn't give a sh…. about you or offer any decent customer service.

If you are willing to put that aside, you will definitely have your dream wedding from all other aspects!

4  Thank IMS10
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Good food, good drinks, great overview and a good walkaround with information about, how all this was created.

1  Thank Andreas F
Reviewed 18 November 2012

It was a surprise dinner organized by my boyfriend and I could not have been any happier to be actually inside a castle and having a private table with the most amazing views - the lake and the mountains.

The table set-up was gorgeous with rose petal flowers and I had the weirdest welcome drink with a hibiscus flower on it which was so good.

Then came the food which was delicious and was a lot!
The butler was so nice and accommodating. We ended up the last customer leaving the castle and the restaurant on it.

CHF 340 for the whole package but all worth it for a special occasion.