“Great cuisine!”

Dining options: Reservations
Orpund
“Great cuisine!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The place is great, but their cuisine even better! They cook very fresh and the portions can be called big for the ones you get in normal Swiss restaurants. Even if the portions are more than the average standard, you get an excellent dish. They always have extra stuff on the black board, so you don't get used to having the same course all the time.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kira F

“DO NOT GO THERE”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Pity... It started well with the nice terasse, next to the lovely Elfenau park.
We first ordered some appetizers (grilled vegetables with Parma ham). There was already a lot of pepper and oil, but all over ok.
We then ordered some Saint Jacques and dorade. Surprise: over salted. We asked to change it, and when the dish came back there was way too much pepper.
When we asked the waiter to take it back, she sound offended and was pretending the food was good. As if I was a liar...
And when the bill arrived, of course the 32 CHF (!!!) where on it... I said that it was not really happy with that she answered that all other customers liked it and that there was no problem.

I think they should have at least apologize for it, and not treat me as if I was delirating.

I won't go back there.

2 Thank Capman82
Bangkok
“Different”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great surrounding, different if you come from abroad. A place to go, to relax, to enjoy. I really recommend it, - but only if the weather is good and in summer

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food, nice ambience”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I ordered the samosa (starters), angus beef steak (main), chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream (dessert). The portions were rather huge and I was unable to finish all my food. However, they were really good. The place was very crowded with locals on a Wednesday night and the staff were very friendly.

Visited January 2012
Lugano, Switzerland
“Perfect dinner in a relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We went to this restaurant reading Tripadvisor previous reviews: this was the best decision we took since Restaurant L'Ecluse is not only well located in the city centre, but has a beautiful garden, is quite and the dishes are simply delicious. The service was quite impressive because we were 20 persons attending the dinner, and we had to wait 20 minutes to start eating, that was really speedy. We did not try the Menu, but everyone took a different dish and they were really good looking, original and tasty.

• Visited May 2011