“Lively atmosphere and huge portions”

Cafe Restaurant des Voyageurs
Ranked #15 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Liked the reviews of this restaurant and so booked a table in the outside part. Very impressed with the cheerful and efficient waitresses and the patron was present all evening. The starters we ordered were huge, it was a seafood concoction- delicious - then I went on to have the kidneys in mustard sauce and my friends had the filets du perche, Steak Tartare and escalope de veau (which was so large he could not finish it). We drank aperitifs and a bottle of wine and had irish coffees. The bill came to £100 for the four of us which for the centre of a city was very fair

1  Thank sbaileyBromley

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Good food good service the local scene. As bistro as it gets. Not for a diet. This place rules. Lunch is casual with soccer moms and plumbers and bankers, dinner more snazzy and young.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is great. Waitresses very friendly, they come to your table and tell you the starters and main dishes prepared for the day which are not on the menu.
Service is really efficient and from starters to desserts everything is just so good!!!

Would HIGHLY recommend.

One of the best quality/price ratio in Geneva.

Only the decoration is very simple, so don't except anything fancy!

Don't forget to book in advance, it's always full.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

simply the best restaurant of Geneva, not trendy, down to earth tasty cuisine, amazing owner and service

The french brasserie at his best

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been trying to go to this restaurant for a long time but being closed on saturday evening did not make it easy.
Nevertheless I managed to go and I was not disappointed.
We were welcomed by a very energetic and efficient lady and were told all the special of the day on top of the regular menu.
I chose a foie gras which was really delicious and my friend had the crayfish salad.
We both had the sweetbread with morels, a delicious dish that is kind of hard to find on restaurant menus.
Portions are really generous so go hungry. We did not have any room for desert!
I will go back!