“A Good Very Reasonably Priced Hotel for Sleeping Well”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel At Home

Hotel At Home
Ranked #83 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Rome, Italy
“A Good Very Reasonably Priced Hotel for Sleeping Well”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed several times at the Hotel at Home over the last few years. The hotel provides the basics that you need at a very affordable price in Geneva which is known for its very tight high prices and low hotel room vacancy rate. The staff are warm and friendly folks who dispatch their duties efficiently and kindly. The rooms are fairly small but clean and functional in the sense that the TV works fine and the washrooms are clean and modern. Moreover, at least during the winter months, there was little noise and it was easy to get a good sleep. I normally don’t bother with breakfast and walk to the central train station a few minutes away but the hotel seems now to be including breakfast in an overall higher price than a few years ago, and so I had breakfast at the hotel, which consists of tea or coffee and a croissant and a bun, and orange juice - a bit minimalist even for Continental European standards but okay nonetheless. Hotel at Home is very affordable, reliable, friendly and close to some really fine restaurants which all count as important advantages. A disadvantage is that the neighborhood is filled with a lot of prostitutes and people who seem like drug dealers, hanging around on street corners late at night, and when you walk by, they kind of look at you to check if you want something. Rather creepy, but if you ignore that weirdness, the advantages of Hotel at Home easily outweigh the disadvantages and I would recommend it just for sleeping and for short business trips. The wifi works fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lyal S
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this review, 26 January 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location and price convenient and I hope that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Geneva.

Kind Regards,

Hotel At Home

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fino del Monte, Italy
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This budget hotel offers a bed for a right price, but fornitures and anything else are quite old, but not ancient :-).
The neighborhood is a little bit heavy, with prostitutes everywhere.
Breakfast is a little bit poor, but I think in line with budget hotel in Geneva

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this review, 26 January 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.I am glad that the price match your expectation because we try our best to provide the best rate.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind regards,

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the apartment room for 3 weeks. The room has 2 single-bed, each fit 1 person size exactly! The kitchen equipments are not complete. The bathroom is okay and it has a small living room, but only 1 table, in the bedroom and 1 dining table fit for 3 persons. This hotel provide free wi-fi and free do-it-yourself laundry at the basement.
This hotel location is very strategic, near to the train station, term and bus station: Cornavin.
You can go shopping at the famous 'rue du Mont-Blanc', by walking 5 minutes.
There is an Asian grocery just on the side of this hotel.
This hotel also located near the Geneva's 'red light district'.
If you are coming to Geneva with a limited budget, I think this hotel would be a perfect choice.
The staff is very nice and speak English very good. You'll feel being at home, a small one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Customer,

First of all, we thank you for the time you give us on TripAdvisor following your stay at our hotel.

We are pleased to see your satisfaction with the provided services and benefits.

It is true that our location in the heart of Geneva, allows to move quickly through the pedestrian and commercial areas of the city.

Of course, we will certainly share your comments with our team .

Best Regards,

Hotel at home
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This is a budget hotel... if anything can be a budget hotel in Geneva. It's a 3 or 4 minute walk from the tram. Lots of lower cost but good restaurants around. Not an upscale neighbourhood, but seems quite safe. Rooms at the hotel are pretty basic 1.-2 star but clean. Apartments are available, and they're fine. No aircon. No free wireless. It's pricy, but there's an internet cafe across the street and down a bit that allows free access for your laptop if you buy soft drinks, etc. I didn't have much choice of hotel because it's very high season here during some UN meetings where a lot of people are looking for cheap rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank catscam
Dear Guest,
I would like to once again thank you for your TripAdvisor comments.
We value all the feedback we receive from our guests as we use them to continually improve the service we provide.

I want to let you know that now we have free wifi access and im also delighted that our services and prices matche your expectation.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2010

A decent hotel but in the heart of Geneva's red light district.
For only 3 or 4 streets around it is not too pleasant but once you get 250 metres away the area is as charming and cosmopolitan as you expect from this City.
If like me you like to sleep with a window open it can be a problem as the girls and their minders are fairly vocal until the early hours.
That apart the position is quite good being only a 5 minute walk to the Gare Cornavin (the main station) where there are also good bus connections.
The Lake is only a 10/15 minute saunter away.

I would not be happy with any of my unaccompanied female staff staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank pambill2016
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a detailed review about your stay in Hotel At Home.

Im delighted that the location of our hotel matched the purpose of your visit in Geneva.

I am sincerely sorry to read that you encountered issues during your stay with our neighborhood and I am very sorry if this prevented you from enjoying a good sleep.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future!

Kind regards,

Kandern, Germany
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The name of the hotel is misleading. In the middle of the red light district, actually a sex-shop is next door, the rooms are small and very, very basic. The rest is a minimalistic as Geneva hotel in this price range tend to be. In any case being at home is - at least for me - quite different. If you have no other place to stay, one might still consider it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Nicklo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I am truly sorry to read that your stay was not up to your expectation. I understand the inconvenience you had go through due to the location of our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Kind Regards

Hotel At Home Team

Travellers are raving about these Geneva hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I booked this hotel at short notice on an unscheduled delay in Geneva . The staff were friendly and welcoming. The location is central and particularly convenient for the train station. Unfortunately, the rooms smelt strongly of cigarettes (despite being a non-smoking hotel) and were hot and stuffy, especially at night. Due to significant street noise from bars and clubs nearby windows and shutters had to be kept closed. This is a reasonably cheap hotel for Geneva (~£120 for a double room) and feels like it. A useful hotel for a brief stop but not one to recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adeno_34
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this review, 28 January 2015
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Hotel. I am sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Im delighted that the location of our hotel meet the purpose of your visite in geneva and also that the staff looked after you during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future!