“So average”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pâquis-Temple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went there because a friend of mine recommended us the food. We had no reservation, so they gave us a table very close to the door. I said it was cold, but the guy said all tables were already reserved (while leaving half of the restaurant was still empty!) Naan was not naan, it was Arabic bread. (At least never seen a naan like that. I'm addicted to Indian food) Chana Masala was too spicy. Even though I like spicy food, I was not able to finish it. My husband liked the lamb though. It was an average restaurant. Once you eat in amazing Indian places, this does not satisfy you a lot. One of the waiters was very friendly, but cannot say so for the other one.

1  Thank Melikes

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

After the Nirvana debacle we go to another Indian joint in in Geneva, and to our surprise this one is a winner hands down!! People we recommend you go straight here if you are looking for Indian food!! From an Indian to you all!!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I must say, as per my second trip to this Indian restaurant, I found food and service more improved and up to the task. It has definitely become one of my favourite place for oriental Indian cuisine...
People, who are looking for Classic Indian food, must give it a shot ;)

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I try to be as honest and open minded as I can when reviewing places I have either stayed or eaten at.
The Spice of India, Geneva is far too expensive. The vindaloo of the title is actually at the lower ended of the price bracket.
I don't normally talk about cost, and you may be thinking "tell me about the food & service" but at the prices you will be expected to pay, they are no more than adequate. The food was fairly staple for an Indian restaurant, if anything it was a tad bland, the service was as you would expect and no more.
I simply can't recommend to other hard working people where money does not grow on trees, sorry.

3  Thank sparky83
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My colleague and I chose this restaurant because I had to be somewhere at 8:00 PM and it opened a half hour earlier (6:30 PM) that all the other restaurants in the area. I'm so glad we did. My colleague is a bit of an expert on Indian restaurants in Switzerland, and she agreed this was as good as she's seen. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala, extremely flavorful. She had the Palak Paneer, also excellent.

The service was immediate without being overbearing. The prices are good, for Swiss restaurants. I would recommend this if you are staying within walking distance of the train station.

1  Thank Whiskey R