“Better than you find at most airports”
Review of Altitude - CLOSED

Altitude
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not easy to find (3rd floor elevator at the far end of the airport) and not cheap (but then it is Geneva). Once you get there, a calm atmosphere even when busy, smart and well managed. Lots of windows overlooking the runway and the sound proofing works well.

The food is fine - the business lunch menu has good choices and the quality is certainly good, and so is the service. Many locals use it for business lunches given the proximity of many offices. Having passed through many airports with mediocre choices and high prices, this is particularly good if you are not in a hurry.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Over-priced (as to be expected in Geneva), average cuisine (by Swiss standards) with the cheapest bottle of white wine costing CHF52. However, a good place to have a short business meeting and a meal before catching a flight

Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you have time Geneva Airport has a nice bar and restaurant on the 3rd floor. You need to take a special elevation and it's right before the food court area. Once there, you've a nice piece of solace and food worthy of your favorite bistro.

It's comparable to the nice restaurants inside Grand Central Station in New York such as Cipriani, Campbell Apartment and even Oyster Bar.

The ambiance isn't as cool as the New York venues, but it's got a view of the tarmac and a place to chill away from the din.

The dinner will set you back, it's not cheap. With a cocktail, a glass of wine at dinner, appetizer and entree about 86 CHF for one person.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

A colleague took us here when we broke for lunch at a meeting next door. It is not cheap but the food was very good, well cooked and nicely presented. The service was not bad, although I think we had the new young waitress who did not speak English very well, which surprised us at such a high end establishment, and at an airport!

I am sorry to say that I cannot remember the exact names of what we had, and have been unable to check them on the restaurants web site as the menus are not up to date.

I remember I had a venison stew that came with roasted chestnuts and cooked pear. It was very nice. For desert I had a sponge in liqueur, which again was very good. We washed it all down with bottle of red wine. Together we had 3 main courses, one starter and two deserts. It all came to just over 200CHF. A little pricey but good.

I do apologise for not giving more detail, and hope the restaurant updates the menus on its website, allowing for more detailed reviews next time.

The view is nice if you like watching the workings of an airport, with the mountains in the distance. I could think of better places to eat and enjoy fantastic views. However, if you are at the airport with time to spare and feel like splashing out then I would recommend this place. Oh, and it didn’t stink of fondue cheese like a certain other place we walked past!.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Fantastic and tasting Food. I had soup for starters and duck with sweet potatoes for main course.
The soup was creamy and tasty. The duck was Well prepared. The view over The airport was fantastic.