“Will come again”

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lets start with the negatives. The lift was quite small. Thats it.
Now the positives. Excellent food at the Windows restaurant. Friendly, smiley staff all over.
And do you know how clean the room is? *HOW CLEAN IS IT!* It's so clean that the remote was in a sealed plastic bag saying 'This remote has been sanitised'. Basically the cleanest hotel room I've been to. The concierge helped me plan pretty much my whole trip at Geneva. The doorman was always welcoming. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
On a side note, I'd recommend this hotel to the one right next to it (Kempinski); I walked into it and the staff seemed like everyone was beneath them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel staff excellent. Very warm and attentive. When ever you enter the hotel, go up and down the lift, they are there to open the door for you, There was no milk in the room for coffee, I called the room service , it was sent to the room immediately. The front office staff very caring and sophisticated . They treat you as lords. They take all the effort to get you the correct information. Food good. I think the tariff too expensive.
Rooms very clean, all the amenities are there in the room , but small for the money we pay.
Location very good, very close to the lake.

1  Thank Ramapuram
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Arrived in the hotel on 15 Aug. for two nights and selected this property based on travelers' reviews. Good greeting by professional staff from the doorman to FO desks. we were escorted to our room which was more than we anticipated. Clean, comfortable and had superb view on the lake. Restaurant was offering a special Indian foods for dinner and was a wonderful taste. Overall, Excellent experience to remember. One small comment and that was their elevators were too small to accommodate three persons at one time.

Room Tip: Based on their rate and occupancy, You choose the rooms that face the lake to enjoy the view.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed 4 nights at the d'Angleterre in Geneva in August, 2013. It has a nice location on the lake about a mile from the central train station. It is a solid 4-star choice. My top-floor room was quiet, but a carnival on the lake in front of the hotel is inappropriate and generates some night noise from whooping patrons. This is not bothersome, only noticeable.

The main part of my premium room was of adequate size, but well short of spacious. The marble bath, on the other hand, was spacious and, with a blue light over the toilet, a bit exotic. The shower was over the tub with a glass screen.

The hotel is very well maintained and nicely decorated. The bed was very good. Internet access was free and fast. The air conditioning was excellent with no strong blasts of air and was well controlled by the thermostat. Lighting was fairly good. The love seat was cramped and uncomfortable. There was a walk-in closet with lots of storage space.

The entire staff is very professional, including the concierge.

The breakfast buffet was impressive, including an assortment of high end cheeses, but so was the price. The whole think cost 48 CHF. That's about $53 U.S. which I think is a new world record for me. You can order two eggs and bacon for about 21 CHF. A continental breakfast (not sure what that includes and excludes) was 37 CHF. My conclusion was if you don't want to settle for eggs, go for the full buffet and live it up and try not to worry about the cost.

This is a very nice hotel if you can accept the cost of breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our first visit to Lake Geneva was on August 15th, 2013 and we stayed for 3 nights at Hotel d'Angleterre. Hotel d'Angleterre, is a perfect boutique hotel on the lake with impeccable service and standards.
Friendly and professional staff greeted us, answered all of our questions, escorted us to our beautiful appointed room to see if they could further assist us or enhance our stay. The beds were very comfortable, and bathrooms spacious and well appointed.In the bathroom, there was a small fragrant candle burning next to the bathtub, was really warm and inviting! Delicious chocolate treats and fresh fruit were waiting for us in our room. Nice classy touch! Maid service was excellent, and attentive to our needs. The Concierge arranged everything that was asked of him with a smile. Staff at the ultra chic Leopard Lounge were happy to help us settle in, relax and enjoy the night. We will be happily returning to hotel d'Angleterre for 1 final night on August 20th before our departure to Paris. My wife and I will certainly be returning to this lovely hotel on our next visit to Geneva. We Highly recommended this hotel! Spencer M

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear M. M,

Reading and sharing your comment with the team gave me such stisfaction. I am really glad you enjoyed every detail of our hotel and even more the service.

I look forward to your next visit and hope we'll enjoy your favourite drink in the Leopard Lounge !

Warmest regards

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

A very pleasent stay. Super friendly staff. Extremely comfortable rooms. The best location over the lake. Very good food. I can't say enough about this place.
It is my only place when I come to Geneva

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Sir,

Fireworks on the shores of the lake are one of the highlights of the summer season in Geneva. Thank you very much for this great photo you have shared with us but also for you warm comment towards our Hotel.

We all look forward to greet you soon again at the hôtel d'Angleterre.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The position of the hotel is perfect, close enough to walk everywhere.
The rooms were lovely: the beds were extremely comfortable with beautiful linen.
The service was excellent from the porter to the reception to the bar-lady. The highlight of our stay was at breakfast when the Maitre d’ said, “How can I make your breakfast more special?”

Room Tip: If the annual fair is on, make sure you don't have a lake-facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Camilla,

Thank you so much for this wwarm comment on the hotel, its team and the details you've enjoyed. If you feel a bit "home sick" from the hotel d'Angleterre, I am sure you'll find the same spirit and ambiance in our sister hotel, the Oyster Box in Umhlanga, a bit closer from you than Geneva !

Kindest regards.