“Hidden luxury”

Ranked #37 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Oslo, Norway
“Hidden luxury”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed a couple of times in this small nice hotel in the old city of Geneva. The house walls from the 13 th Century, and the building from the 17 th Century. Very good beds, quiet surroundings. We had a welltasting breakfast. For cheese lovers the hotel has it own restaurant in the basement. I visit Geneva every year, amd every year I visit the restaurant for cheese-fondue.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trond H
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am happy to read your comments regarding your very recent stay with us at “Les Armures” and would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for recommending our typical restaurant for the Swiss cheese specialities.

We are all delighted that we are now your Geneva hotel-restaurant of choice and we look forward to welcoming you back and hope that it is before too long.

With warmest wishes,

Michel Paternotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel in old town. Our room had been recently redecorated and looked stunning with wood panning all over walls. Loads of restaurants and cafes nearby. Extremely quiet at night. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rrlondon500
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you so much for your time in writing such a good review from your recent stay at Les Armures. It is always a pleasure to see good reviews like yours.

I agree with you, we are spoiled with our location in the hearth of the old town of Geneva and close to a lot of little bars and restaurants.

We look forward to welcome you again to Les Armures, we remain,

Cupertino, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I love the interior and exterior of this hotel. It's just so gorgeous! I had the best breakfast ever at this hotel! All the food at breakfast here taste so delicious, the yogurt, muesli, cured meats, ham and bacon are all wonderful. The surroundings of the hotel is just charming! The location in Old Town Geneve is strategic and just beautiful!! Our room is at the top where I got the view of Lake Geneve from a distance. I just love love love this place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Putri_Angel
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am delighted to see that you also enjoyed our breakfast, as we are privileging the best gourmet local produce.
Thank you again for your kind words about our location in the Old City of Geneva, it is certainly one of our key points.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Sincerely yours.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here for one night in June 2013. The room was a great size, with impressive bathroom, large flat screen TV, A/C. Stayed on the third floor. Overall elegantly appointed with a great view over a somewhat quaint and picturesque square, complete with fountain! The staff were courteous, and maybe a little aloof, as you would expect in such an establishment. Only issue I had with the hotel was that they do not provide an iron. I inquired whether an iron and ironing board could be sent to my room, as I wished to iron a shirt which had become very creased in my luggage. At check-in, I was initially told that this could be done. However, when I rang reception later I was told that the hotel does not provide irons for guests, however, they could arrange to have my shirts pressed elsewhere and returned to me later in the day, obviously for a fee. I declined to do this, and was somewhat surprised and a little disappointed by this policy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dr_vd
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the “Les Armures” Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel cosy.

As the main hotels in Switzerland, the ironing boards are not available in rooms because of fire hazard. I can only apologise if this was not clear to you and I will look in how we confer this.

I look forward to welcome you again to Les Armures, I remain,

London, UK
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Fantastic hotel in the old centre of Geneva, walking distance to the shops and lake, the room is very well decorated with modern furniture in an old building that is been done very nicely, the ceiling has wood panels and the bathroon is great and modern, the only downside were the pillows which were a little bit flat for my test but apart from that is an excellent Hotel, the staff in reception were very helpful and the room is spotless. I really recommend this hotel and I will definately be back !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Beatriztrips
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for the great review!

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the design of our rooms and the location, “Les Armures” is the unique hotel in the hearth of the Old City.

I am thrilled to learn that our team has taken very good care of you. For your next stay with us, do not forget to ask for pillows less flat, as we can offer several types of pillows, according to your convenience.

We look forward to welcoming you again at “Les Armures”.

Yours sincerely,

Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The most expensive hotel we stayed at in Switzerland (over 700 euros/night) but so lovely. Historic building in the old quarter. Just outside the lobby is a beautiful 200 year old mural uncovered during renovations. We were very lucky and were upgraded to a junior suite from our deluxe double. Gorgeous bathroom with a big soaker tub. Excellent lighting, make-up mirror and the most fragrant toiletries anywhere. I took the remaining soap and hand cream home with me as I couldn't get enough of the delicious perfume. I asked if they sold it, but unfortunately they don’t.

Our junior suite had an entry foyer with generous closet space, dresser, mirror and coat hooks. Very comfortable bed with high end linens and a very comfortable seating and work area. Excellent lighting and climate control. The furnishings were a blend of antique and modern in soft greys and browns except for the bright and cheery bathroom and the room was spotless.

The breakfast room is cozy and very calming in the morning, decorated with black and white photos. The buffet had an excellent assortment of the usual European breakfast choices and loved the heated milk with our tea (found many hotels in Switzerland did this, and now request it wherever we go).

It was very easy to walk everywhere to tour the city. Loved the charm of this small, elegant boutique hotel in the old quarter. It was a perfect finish to our vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alwaysplanahead
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for having taken the time to write this wonderful and detailed comment following your recent stay at the Les Armures Hotel.

Your comments about the location (our location in the Old City is certainly one of our key points), the room and the bedding, the breakfast room, are marvellous and I thank you very much for your wonderful support.

The toiletries in our bathrooms are made for us in exclusivity. All products are realized using vegetal raw materials carefully selected. I am thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed it. I hope to have the pleasure in offering you some of it during your next stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Geneva,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Hotel and staff very courteous. Breakfast fabulous and reasonable. Close to shopping and centrally located for all of Geneva sights. Quiet place. Able to open windows for fresh air. Hotel amenities are fabulous

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Bluide26
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Les Armures Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel cosy & homely.
Also, I was absolutely pleased that you enjoyed the great service you received from our Staff.

We look forward to welcome you again to Les Armures, we remain,