“Return visit”

Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second visit to Geneva in a year. Wonderful city. I love it, unfortunately work only seldomly requires my presence there. I went for the safe bet, which is of course the Four Seasons Des Bergues. I received exactly the type of room I had requested (6th floor contemporary). Interestingly the hotels new SPA / Pool refurbishment was amongst the best refurbs I have seen in a classic building for a very very long time.

Service as a whole, was sharp, precise and professional. Perhaps not as touristy as FS:FLO or FS:GV, but very professional. Very swiss, really. The food was considerably better than last time. I suspect I was just unlucky last time as the staff were the same.

The contemporary rooms are extremely cosy and comfortable. Some of the furniture I could recognize from FS:LON, which is not a bad thing. The size of the suite was great, not too big and impersonal, but still spacious. Cleaning and upkeep was excellent.

I did have a couple of small issues - nothing that should keep anyone from visiting, but while gushing reviews are probably appreciated, hotels can only improve and surpass expectations if you give them all the details. Two mornings my newspaper never showed up - and upon calling for one (during breakfast) it took two hours to materialise. The hotel was extremely busy, and three(!) times I experienced room service to be busy, so I was routed to reception (which didn't clearly indicate that it was rerouted in english) which resulted in some confusion. I also experienced a breakfast where quality was unacceptable (this was rectified without a fuss) and a delayed in room delivery where a simple food order took almost twice the time usually required (1 hr). I think these issues were due to the hotel being full, as well as a major event going on. In all honesty, those are all first world problems, and hardly worth being worried about.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MorganJ
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear MorganJ,

First of all, we are glad to hear you were happy with the food served at the hotel this time! We profit to inform you proudly that our Italian restaurant Il Lago has just won a Michelin star.

Secondly, thank you for your constructive criticism which certainly help us to finetune the hotel's service so as to completely meet up and surpass the expectations of our dear guests.

We are sorry that you had to experience these shortfalls on your last stay, which was indeed during a very busy period for us, the Christie's auction days. We will make sure that these will not happen again on your next stay with us.

Finally, thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and we take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A wonderful hotel with friendly attentive staff. It is perfectly situated for exploring Geneva. It's lovely restaurant has an outside terrace that is just perfect for people watching or just watching the world go by as you dine on superb Italian style food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JenCDevon,

What a poetic description of the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues!

We are delighted with your positive comments!

Many thanks and warm regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here again in September and once again had a really good stay.

The staff are exceptional from the moment the door is opened until your leave.

The Spa is fantastic and after a day in the office, unwinding in the main restaurant is a great way to finish off.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimplis

Dear Jimplis,

Thank you for your great comments about your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I found my "loft" room worth the extra price for the space and the view on a private garden at the back of the hotel, removed from traffic noise.

Everything in the room and the hotel was of a high standard (as well it should, at this price).

The location is excellent for many purposes, virtually just across the footbridge to the old town, and near many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am in switzerland for a few days...I visited today the hotel in order to know a lil bit more about the place...I was at the reception to get some information about rooms, facilities and rates..as I am quite young and I wasnt wear very elegant I felt animportant person at the front desk...They didnt pay atention to me and they give me some fast information in the way to told me go out from the place...I am working in 5 star luxury hotels 10 years and I just want to tell to the fours seasons reception desk that all the guest are importants, even if they dont have a room at the property.

Stayed: October 2013
22  Thank RogerP962
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Besides a beautiful modern suite, delicious breakfast with many choices (fussy eaters), the service at this hotel is Excellent! The concierges and reception people are extremely helpful and really seem to care. The spa and indoor pool are beautiful! Location is perfect too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I attended a wedding held at the hotel, and we stayed over night, I but i wish it was longer. The catering for the wedding was a subject of its own. With respect to the accommodation, we stayed in a suit and everything about it was state of the art. In the 5-star hotels it is all about the small things, and those were countless. The room was facing the promenade and we could observe the Jet d'Eau and the swimming competition which took place the next morning. The room is warm and soundproof, yet the balcony offers amazing sight onto the lake and the river where you have a choice of becoming part of the action. Rooms and bathrooms are extremely spacious and the quality of the finishes are superior. We also made use of the babysitting service and everything was top class. The hotel is close to the shopping district and many other great restaurants. I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: lake facing rooms are amazing