“Excellent in every way”

Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
London, JHB
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We Spent a night in two junior suites. Not cheap but service, food was superb! Really can't recommend this highly enough. We had our three year old daughter with us, we ordered a DVD for her, they brought popcorn for her to watch the DVDs with. She had her own nightgown, she got a welcome gift on check-in. Lunch at the Japanese restaurant was delightful. Excellent hotel, best we have stayed in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Being loyal to Fourseasons makes my stay always homy and comfortable. The hotel with it's amazing rooms especially the newly designed upper level rooms(example:600) with it's own fireplace, hamam and the wide bathroom makes me feel like home. High technology, modern design and very comfy bed.
The spa is fantastic, amazing pool area with all the comfort you might think of ( jacuzzi, refreshments, hamam, sauna separate showers and beath rooms) massage treatments on high level, was sceptic a bit, as usually in the hotels the massage is a bit weak, but not this time, strong, firming and at the same time relaxing experience. Half a day in the spa area and felt like reborn.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 18 January 2014

One of my fav four seasons this property is soooo amazing and just can't get better with a lake view room. Swiss charming hotel with excellent attitude and friendliness of the staff.
I hope I ll be back here soon I really liked my stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
QATAR
Reviewed 12 January 2014

i'm in love with fourseasons hotel in any country , but this one is my fav.

as i have my first honeymoon stoop in this hotel ... and i have been after that 2 time more.

at the first we have jounier suite and last time we have delux room..

the 2 rooms were perfect .. the housekeeping amazing ..

the hotel have the meaning of the luxury ...

they have the best consiage ever ... really they have information about every thing ..
and every suggesting from them about restarunt or place to go was amazing.

the location more than perfect ..

the food excelant .
just 1 things as Geneva hotels the price very high.

i really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My favourite 5 star hotel in the world and a great reason to visit Geneva (even if you were planning on just passing through the first time). The hotel is decorated to perfection, the service is simply out of this world and the indoor roof-top pool is pure heaven.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The four seasons Geneva was an exceptional experience. It was a nice respite after a week in the alps on a ski holiday with friends. I decided to stay over in Geneva before my long journey back to California.
Greeting: warm and friendly. Doorman helpful. Luggage service helpful.
The room: Room upgrade from standard. The room decor is tastefully done. I loved the heated tiles in the bathroom and the flecks of gold I saw running down the shower. Okay not really but it looked like gold with the color of the tile reflecting back. The room was not the most basic however so I can't comment on what a standard room is like and I noticed a lack of pictures on the website of the standard room. If they are small as another reviewer mentioned perhaps they should come with some complimentary perk so everyone feels special. Nonetheless I lucked out and had an upgrade through AMEX and was very pleased. The bedding was nice and the room was clean. I want the bedspread and took photos so I could find it online. I know, weird. Lol
Housekeeping: the best turn down service I've experienced. They took the time to organize which was much appreciated.
Bar: The bartender created a drink for me. He called it Saturday night candy. What more can I say?
Spa: the spa in itself could take up an entire review. The bottom line is it is one of the best spas in the world and I have been to spas. The staff is friendly, the attention to detail is noticed. Staff quickly clean up the showers after a client has used them. The products used are of superior quality. The swimming pool is fun and chic although it didn't play music underneath as I was told. The jacuzzi is really neat, there is a metal couch in the water you can sit on that emits jets of water if you like onto your back. There are two spouts that also have water flowing and the floor has little bubbles of water that tickle your feet. I've really never seen anything so therapeutic, fun, and romantic (even when traveling alone like me). There is fruit and tea and although there is no spa food to order they were willing to accommodate. I had a massage that started in a surprisingly spiritual way combining both Asian and western techniques. I also had my hair done which is no easy feat. I am black and without processed hair so it's very, very curly when wet which it was after the pool. The hair dresser did an amazing job which surprised me as even in the United States stylists more familiar with my hair texture have difficulty. He was also quite friendly and when he realized I did not have reservations at the Japanese restaurant asked one of the servers and they created a table for me which I ate at for dinner after my hair appointment.
Izumi: good but I'm tired of writing.
Room for improvement: In the main public places given the romantic decor I would have cool vintage phones that work of course. The Mandarin Oriental in London Hyde park does this and I think it would add an extra bit of detail to the already elegant Four Seasons Geneva. In the main dining area for breakfast they seem overwhelmed if a large crowd was there and ignore those that are dining alone. They offered me the buffet but did not mention that it was 11 am and so the full assortment of items would not be available. I also had to ask for orange juice and basics. A bit irritating since I paid full price for less than what was given and the prices are extremely high to not receive what is promised. In the hotel room there is a pencil to write with. A nice heavy elegant pen would be preferred albeit it will probably be taken but would be a better look. Lastly, I had to ask for the room upgrade and fortunately the spa also realized I was in need of a spa credit since booked through Amex. I had no idea. As I mentioned fortunately the spa caught it but the front desk should be more attentive to these details. Overall everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be of service without a lot of pretentiousness. With understated elegance, romance, and a friendly disposition I highly recommend the Four Seasons Geneva.

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade lol
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tamika B
London, England
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have always been impressed with the reliability of Four Seasons hotels and their Geneva outpost is no exception. Perfectly situated, the refined building opens to a wonderful reception area (where on check in I bumped into a Formula 1 racing driver who was also checking in). Service is impeccable, as you would expect, and I was shown to my room by a very friendly member of staff. The room was a little small, but well appointed and the view towards the lake was relaxing.

Room service was acceptable if not exceptional. Mini bar prices were reasonable. Lunch at the restaurant (sitting outside) was very good, with great service.

Geneva is an uninspiring city, with little to recommend it. Fast becoming one big red light district, the Four Seasons hotel is a sanctuary.

In all, just what you expect from Four Seasons. I certainly wouldn't stay anywhere else if I visited Geneva again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business