“Once in a lifetime experience!”

Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I believe I have experienced the very best in terms of service at the four seasons. I honestly can't imagine anything to be as special as this for the rest of my life.
While exotic food, lavish rooms and fancy amenities can be found in other hotels, what's sets these guys apart is their professional yet friendly interactions with guests. Personalised service seems to be their mantra. I was baffled at how everyone from the door man to the waitress at breakfast knew and addressed me by name. Even when shifts changed and there were new staff on duty, it was as if they studied guests profiles before they reported to duty. They not only knew my name but also knew when I was due to check out and my preference at breakfast too.
The attentiveness of the concierge is mind blowing. Their suggestions for tours and dinning options were amazing.
It seemed almost unreal and I feel blessed to have experienced service and genuine care from the team. Coming from a service related background I consider the four seasons team my 'gurus'. I have learnt so much from interacting with them during my stay.
A wonderful, motivated bunch who are so committed, focused and determined to ensure every guest feels so special. They make it look so easy, yet we all know it takes a lot more to perform at such a consistently high level throughout their shift. Kudos to the team and to the management who know to train and keep them so motivated and happy!
I believe everyone should experience the service at the four season des bergues at least once in their lifetime....then
they would have truly lived!

Ms. Joy Pinto.
Dubai- United Arab Emirates.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This Hotel may be the best in the world. Every single employee I dealt with was incredible. It may well be worth a trip to Geneva just to stay here. A special thank you to Marta, but truly everyone was exceptional. My family and I were blown away.
As an aside, the facility and location are beautiful, but frankly if you put this staff in a motel 6 in New Jersey you'd think Motel 6 was amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank saraht29
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband booked this beautiful hotel for 2 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The location of the hotel was perfect for sightseeing and very central. We had a room upgrade and a wonderful view of the lake. Concierge were extremely helpful and put us in the direction of a traditional Swiss restaurant in the heart of the Old Town which was a very worthwhile experience. The doormen were welcoming and housekeeping were very attentive. Most of the bar and restaurant staff were highly professional and friendly, although occasionally I felt uncomfortable and looked down upon. It seemed apparent that the smiles were a little contrived and behind the facade some staff seemed stressed and this did not put you at ease. Breakfast was excellent, especially the eggs benedict - which was arguably the best I have ever had. Our evening meal in the Michelin starred restaurant was, as expected, a wonderful dining experience.
Reasons for not giving top marks to The Hotel des Bergues as follows:
1) Our 'limousine' which we had arranged via the hotel to collect us from the airport on arrival did not turn up. This was not a good first impression. On arrival via a taxi which we paid for; the doorman then apologised and told us that the hotel would have paid for that. But when we complained to reception, no offer of reimbursement was mentioned.
2) Our morning newspaper we had requested was not delivered.
3) As mentioned earlier, some staff were warmer and more genuine than others.

All in all, we had a pleasant anniversary and a great room but, considering the price of our stay and the reputation of the hotel, regrettably we did not think it quite delivered.

On a good note - the best bits were:
1) Concierge
2) Housekeeping
3) Food and drink
4) And of course the location!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sassie114
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

A truly wonderful stay at the Four Seasons, Geneva. Given it was also one of the busiest times there with the motor show, I was pleasantly surprised that the level of service and attentiveness provided by all the team there surpassed even the high standards typically set by Four Seasons hotels. A memorable stay in a beautiful hotel that is superbly equipped. It also has a new Espa Spa. Wonderful and should be praised across the board.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

While I live in Geneva; I felt it would be nice to take my wife for a luxury weekend in our own city. The Four Seasons was our choice; and it was fantastic. This Grand Dame of a hotel has been painstakingly renovated and it was a great place to simply relax; breakfast in bed, luxury treatments, and simply a romantic time together in between all my trips. The hotel is spectacular and would be my first choice in Geneva if I didnt have a home here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Beautiful hotel where one feels relaxed and pampered. Lunch at the bar is impeccable during a beautiful sunny day. Dinner at the new Japanese restaurant (Nobu supervision) on the top floor is a must. The Spa is to die for! If weather permits, one could actually walk across the bridge to all the exquisite shops while passing by the beautiful swans and ducks on the lake. I will most definitely stay here again when back in Geneva. By the way, the floral decoration is always a pleasure to the eyes upon entry into this wonderful palace. Even if Geneva has rainy weather, this alone will brighten anyone's day

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just spend a day in this beautiful city, in this nice hotel. Quite nice. Good location, fantastic service and restaurant, and - be sure to have time to visit their new SPA centre on the 6th floor - fantastic!
In General, 4 Seasons do not stop to surprise me with good ideas and perfect service - from knowing you by name all over the place (this must be quite an effort from the staff,especially with my Slavonic family name....), through the surprising occasional free upgrades, to all the small things in the room, and ultimately - for taking care of you from the moment you make a reservation, to the minute you're dropped at the airport.... feels good.

Room Tip: Lake view room is definitely preferable.