“A beautiful hotel”

Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and it's really a beautiful hotel, right in the heart of the city. We had a regular room and the few was pretty crappy, so I make see you ask or upgrade to a nicer one. But the rooms are huge and the room service was really good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We only stayed one night and arrived early afternoon, a very warm welcome was received and we had a well appointed suite with beautiful views.

The bathroom was enormous with wonderful toiletries , a pleasure to use. Great laundry service, they organised a shirt to be ironed for my husband within 40 minutes. The conceirge were very helpful and arranged a hair appointment for me within walking distance of the hotel.

We had booked dinner in Il Lago weeks in advance and this is why I've given it a very good instead of excellent. We were told there was no reservation for us and we could eat in the bar if we wanted to (this was from the female hostess). I explained to her that I had confirmation in my room and would go and get it but she just wasn't interested, just said we weren't confirmed and there was no room for us without checking. This is not the level of service I would expect at a Four Seasons, luckily the Maitre De stepped in and found us a table . The meal was very good and we did enjoy every course, finished off with some drinks in the bar.

The breakfast the next morning was outstanding, they had cleaned the exterior of our car and gave us water bottles. They went as far to call the George V in Paris where we were headed too so they knew what time to expect us that afternoon which I thought was a lovely touch.

So overall a great stay, beautiful hotel and great food, just a bit disappointing with how we were dealt with over the dinner reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IrishKaren
New York City
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel is just a five-minute walk from the city-center train station, which in turn is just a six-minute (and free) train ride from Geneva Airport. That’s why, when I had to find a hotel for an overnight layover in Geneva, I chose this one, rather than a boring old airport hotel.

The indoor pool and state-of-the-art spa were soothing and reinvigorating after the long flight. The hotel has many special touches--like the underwater music in the pool--but perhaps the one I found most imaginative was the restaurant inside a “library” inside the spa. The best touch of all, though, was the complimentary coffee, croissants, orange juice, and fruit (see photo) in the lobby for travelers who must leave the hotel at the crack of dawn, before the restaurant opens. I wish every hotel offered that. Another nice touch: Basic Wi-Fi is free.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WendyPerrin
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The whole stay here was wonderful. It was one of my favorite hotel rooms in the world because of the cozy fireplace in the bedroom. The hotel is along one of the main streets in Geneva and walking distance from many popular spots to hit in town. The staff was fantastic, as was the spa service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FreeTheGirl315
London
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Spent a couple of nights here on business and the service was superb. From start to finish, the staff were very attentive. The rooms are excellent - brilliant TV / sound system. Rooms are large and very well presented.

There were a couple of gripes. In the rooms there is fresh fruit, water and a note welcoming you to the hotel - in mine I had someone else's. Minor thing but as a result I could't log onto the wifi as its by your name and room number and took a day to sort out.

The air con in the rooms is a bit weak though - it was quite hot when I arrived in Geneva and I don't think I could get the room to drop temperature wise no matter how low I set the temp dial / fan speed. I know its an age old hassle of hotels to get the air con systems right.

Whilst I was there for work, I didn't get chance to make use of the rest of the hotel facilities. However I am sure they are of the same high standard.

One thing to be careful of, when checking out make sure they don't offer to charge your credit card in your home currency. They do this at a much worse rate than your own credit card will use AND add 3% surcharge!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I believe I have experienced the very best in terms of service at the four seasons. I honestly can't imagine anything to be as special as this for the rest of my life.
While exotic food, lavish rooms and fancy amenities can be found in other hotels, what's sets these guys apart is their professional yet friendly interactions with guests. Personalised service seems to be their mantra. I was baffled at how everyone from the door man to the waitress at breakfast knew and addressed me by name. Even when shifts changed and there were new staff on duty, it was as if they studied guests profiles before they reported to duty. They not only knew my name but also knew when I was due to check out and my preference at breakfast too.
The attentiveness of the concierge is mind blowing. Their suggestions for tours and dinning options were amazing.
It seemed almost unreal and I feel blessed to have experienced service and genuine care from the team. Coming from a service related background I consider the four seasons team my 'gurus'. I have learnt so much from interacting with them during my stay.
A wonderful, motivated bunch who are so committed, focused and determined to ensure every guest feels so special. They make it look so easy, yet we all know it takes a lot more to perform at such a consistently high level throughout their shift. Kudos to the team and to the management who know to train and keep them so motivated and happy!
I believe everyone should experience the service at the four season des bergues at least once in their lifetime....then
they would have truly lived!

Ms. Joy Pinto.
Dubai- United Arab Emirates.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This Hotel may be the best in the world. Every single employee I dealt with was incredible. It may well be worth a trip to Geneva just to stay here. A special thank you to Marta, but truly everyone was exceptional. My family and I were blown away.
As an aside, the facility and location are beautiful, but frankly if you put this staff in a motel 6 in New Jersey you'd think Motel 6 was amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family