“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Oceanside, New York
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Clean, friendly, safe, easy to get around the city. Bus or train right out the door! Nice breakfast included. A little noisy outside on the weekend, but not too bad. The only complaint would be the shower has a 1/2 glass panel that does not contain the water and the floor gets wet in the bathroom. Other than that this was perfect for us in every way. We spent 3 nights here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was extremely unlucky at this hotel. I got a room on the third floor (# 315), right in front of the elevator doors (where people stopped to chat). In addition my next door neighbours were two rather loud, talkative, Chinese ladies.
The room was not soundproof at all and the noise was unbearable. Ear plugs did not help. In addition, there was some noise from the street (and my room did not face the main busy street! so I can only guess how worse that would have been). The windows in the room did not block completely the sound coming from outside.

As soon as I got in the room I noticed that the complimentary toiletries had not been replaced after the last guest left. The body lotion was already half empty. I have no words to describe how unpleasant this was.

The lights in the room were not good either. It was pretty much Danish style (i.e. dark): three small table lamps, a floor lamp giving very poor light and no light on the ceiling. Good luck trying to find something in your luggage after sunset.

Another huge downside of my stay was that when the my neighbours "kindly" woke me up at 7 am there was no hot water for showering. The water only started getting hot around 8 am.

On the second day of my stay there was quiet. I guess my neighbours had left and nobody stopped to chat in front of the elevator. But I still did not have luck with the chamber maid. Again the toiletries had not been replaced.

My guess is that your experience in this hotel will very much depend on your luck.

Ignoring all the problems that happened during my stay, I would say that the location is great, the staff is friendly, the room was comfortable and clean. There was a mini bar and a safe box available (but there were no instructions on how to use the safe box).
The wifi connection was quite good in the room and the breakfast was ok (but very simple when compared to other 3 stars hotels I have stayed in during this trip).

Another thing you might enjoy is that you get a Geneva transport card from the reception and this is very useful when going to the airport by train.

Honestly, I would never stay here again and I will definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone I know.
Based on the reviews I had read, I did not expect my stay at this hotel was going to be such a failure.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Suisse! The room was comfortable and clean, with a nice little balcony. The location is excellent for public transportation since the bus and train station are across the street. We got a free transport card from the hotel. It is within walking distance to the lake and lots of restaurants. They have a great breakfast buffet, and we loved the coffee machine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just stayed three nights at this hotel. It's clean, central, but not non-memorable. The room was not really to my tatse. I like modern, but not the sterile version with white walls, glass/plastic furniture and aggressive neon lights. The breakfast was included, but very basic. Internet worked fine. I will probably not return to this hotel, unless my favourite hotels are full (which were the reason this time).

Room Tip: Try avoid a room facing the walking street if you want to avoid noise from shouting people.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

No frills, but well located and everything in order.My single room was a little noisy, but that's hard to avoid in the city centre. Very clean, and the staff were pleasant. The free travel card isan added bonus, and free wifi is always welcome.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew K
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

recently stayed 3 nights at the hotel Suisse as I was visiting a friend, stayed in a single room, had little wardrobe space and room a little sparce no draw space, also only provided with one of each,tea and coffe and milk in the room, so hard luck if you wanted more than one drink, found the reception staff not very friendly,but the cleaners and breakfast staff where, breakfast was okay but a little limited, other wise the room and hotel was very clean,

Room Tip: a room at the front, a little noisy rooms at the back face a wall.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo