“i would like to give my worm thanks to all hotel stuff in general and to the stuff i met them in specific”

Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel is one of best hotels i stayed in from all point of view specially kindness and hospitality of the stuff members in addtion they were fully coorporative and helpful during my stay which result in confirmity for me as well as my familly.Therefore for my next visit to to Geneva i will directly and without thiking stay in Richemond hotel

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This is a very elegant hotel with modern rooms. The service was good by European standards. Its very pricey for what it is, but it is a block off the Lake and a very short walk into the center. Americans traveling, be aware that everything in Geneva is expensive, but the day I was there a glass of fresh OJ was the equivalent of $32 at this bar. One glass. Anyway, very nice place and good location.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Glion, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Our expectations were met during our recent visit. Positioned on the high end of the hospitality market, Le Richemond delivers on all one might expect. Punctual and detailed oriented service. Apart from being situated at a great location, overall approach is quick, efficient and effective. The hotel has a great gym, well worth a visit. Breakfast is ok, with friendly staff. Our room was well equiped (nice to see a watch in the mini-bar selection...) and the bathroom simply perfect. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This is a very famous hotel in a great location and it has recently been refurbished to a high standard. My room was small but I think that this was a function of my room rate i.e. you get what you pay for. Be careful with the air-conditioning because you can only reduce the temperature by 2 degrees yourself and otherwise you have to contact the staff but they do not tell you this. I was disappointed by the overall level of service. The doormen, receptionists and concierge are excellent. I had a problem with room service 2 mornings in a row. The first time I indicated that I was in a hurry and they agreed to deliver tea within 10 minutes but it only arrived after 20 minutes after a further call. The next morning the tea arrived but with no milk even though I had specifically ordered it. In the bar I had to wait 30 minutes one evening for a club sandwich to arrive. On entering the bar at lunchtime there was no one in attendance and then 2 staff came in but they seemed more interested in their own conversation rather than taking my order.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PJW22
SLemoine, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your impressions on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay at Le Richemond.

I regret that service was not up to your expectations and assure you that at this time your comments are taken into account.

Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to surprise and please you.

Meet you again in a near future.

The Management
Southern Shores, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2011

During our one-week stay, we enjoyed room service, an entertaining (and unexpected) evening with live music and vocalist in the bar (which has a sophisticated selection of single-malt scotch), dinners and lunch in the hotel dining room and on the veranda. Our excursion on bus to Chamonix was more than simple as the bus station is about 1 1/2 blocks (easy walking) from the hotel. For shopping (cashmere, chocolate, whatever!) it only takes a quick walk to the boat dock, a 10-minute ride on the boat to cross the lake, and voila! The concierge staff was exceptionally helpful at every turn and had wonderful suggestions for restaurants in the area as well as suggestions for outings. Next time we will request a room (small suite) with a view of the lake. We were on the back side of the hotel and our Executive Double didn't have an especially good view, but the bathroom was luxurious and perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Immediately upon arrving to Le Richemond, you are treated as an expected family guest no matter the hour you arrive. I arrived late in the evening, and immediately the staff from the bellman to the front desk made me feel right at home. My stay was brief, but the room was gorgeous and no detail was considered too small. The amenities were the finest I have seen in any hotel. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed at Le Richmond recently while accompanying my husband on a business trip. Our toddler son was also with us. This is a beautiful hotel that sits right along the lake in Geneva, alongside many of the other upper-class hotels in the city. As my husband was in meetings most of the day, my son and I spent most of our time enjoying the city on our own. The hotel is in a great location, half a block from the water and a short jaunt over the bridge to downtown shopping and the old city. It is also very close to the train station, many restaurants, cafes, Starbucks, tourism office, etc. In terms of location, it can't be beat.

The service at Le Richemond is impeccable. The staff remembered my son's name and was always very engaging with him. They truly anticipated all of our needs, including hurrying to assist in such things as helping me up and down the entrance stairs with our stroller. The breakfast concierge remembered our personal preferences and room number after day one, and was extremely thoughtful with baby items for our son at meal time.

The rooms are beautiful, very comfortable, and large by European standards. They have wonderful housekeeping service, morning and evening. With evening turn down, they leave two bottles of water - one sparking, one still - which I found a nice alternative to a simple chocolate or sweet (though a Swiss chocolate may have been nice). :) Our bed was very comfortable and the temperature easy to control.

The bathroom is equally nice and large; the shower is one of the nicest I've ever experienced in a hotel. The bathroom amenities were decent, but I thought were not quite up to par with what you would have expected given the luxury of the rest of the hotel.

This is not an inexpensive hotel, but it is five stars and Geneva is not a cheap city. We were staying on a business tab, but I would say it is worth the price in value. My only complaints would be the following and these are fairly minor, all things considered: one, internet is expensive. When you are paying several hundred CHF a night for your room, you might expect internet to be free (as it is in most three and four star hotels in the city); it is not - as of our stay, it is 15CHF per hour, or $35 per 24 hrs. Two, there is a refrigerator but it is packed with mini-bar items. I just took items out in order to keep a couple things for our baby in there, as we stayed several days, but it would have been nice for a little more refrigerator space (though the fact that they have one at all is a nice touch). And three, another nice feature might be if they added in-room coffee/tea service - pots/pods. Again, most other hotels in the city offer some variance of these - I would have enjoyed simply making my own cup of coffee rather than having to rely on room service (very expensive) or going down to the restaurant (or a cafe, etc).

All in all, a wonderful hotel and delightful stay. We definitely hope to visit Le Richemond again in the future. If you would like a no worries, pampered-feel, comfortable and convenient stay in Geneva - and money is not an issue - certainly stay here. You will not be disappointed.

*I should also mention, this hotel is extremely quiet, a big plus for me. We were not far from the elevators, yet I never heard a peep outside our room, day or night. The walls and doors are very thick and padded. When my husband was in the bathroom/shower, I didn't hear a thing.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business