Le Richemond, Geneve
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva(Geneva)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsle richmonddorchester collectionwhite marbledorchester grouproom serviceperfect locationspacious bathroomfive star hotelsuperb hotelview of the lakean upgradesmall balconyhotel restaurantlake genevaexecutive roomother hotelsold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I don't usually write reviews about hotels in Switzerland as it is not really fair nor relevant, the prices, rooms, and expectations are always different from other countries, for example, I would rate the Savoy in Zurich at 3 stars, and the value for money at 1 star, but where else can you stay in Zurich?

This last say at Le Richemond, was a pleasant surprise. If not full of inconsistencies. (again not unusual in Swiss hotels)

We booked a suite and three rooms, all four were very good, a part of all the light bulbs going out in one of the rooms at once, the Wifi not working in the suite, and having to reset the TV entertainment system three times in two days..

The sleep quality and the bed are excellent, but it looks like the budget didn't stretch to the couches/sofas, etc. which look and feel like they were from IKEA's discount aisle.

The bathroom was very good, and I liked the large analog clock touch over the sink. A lot more useful than the embedded TV screen in the mirror that some hotels do (CNN, while shaving anyone??)

The choice of restaurants in the hotel is limited, and the hotel is actually quite small, so book early, and smartly.

Prices; well, of course very pricey, but not out of market for Geneve.

I would stay there again..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeyR
SLemoine, Front Office Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and smart recommendation.
So much appreciated.

We are pleased to let you know that WIFI & TV systems are in the process of improvement.

Looking forward to hearing from you when you plan your next visit, I remain at your entire disposal.

Yours sincerely,
Sylvain Lemoine
Front Office Manager

a

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were fortunate at the last minute to book into the Richemond for dinner and overnight stay to celebrate our anniversary. The lady at reception was attentive and extremely helpful and immediately offered an upgrade of room which was unexpected but deeply appreciated.
My partner was under the impression we were only dining a the hotel and all the staff that evening were in on the surprise, that made our stay very memorable indeed.
I have since returned with various friends from all over the world who are used to fine dining and everyone has been delighted with my choice.
I would like to thank everyone involved with this hotel from the chef and their team for offering a gastronomique delight, to the staff who offer such excellent service. we will return.
Angela Bruce

Room Tip: Ask if there is a possibility of an upgrade at htat time of year.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Some of us travel extensively and must make decisions at the last moment. Others and I wish I were one, have the liberty to plan a business, necessary and/or pleasure trip. Regardless of whatever reason a trip brings you to Geneva, allow me to detail why I always consider Le Richemond...

It began on my first stay on a visit in November 1992. Attending a conference at Le Richemond offered me the opportunity to experience the sublime service her staff and stately property merely considered routine. Immediately I felt I was transported back in time. Once you experience this "Golden-Age" treatment {long lost today} you'll know some traditions hopefully never, ever change!

Guests feel at home, every comfort and attention to detail is flawless. Staff are subliminal, sincere, always there and always smiling - 24/7. On my last stay {last "warm" Friday} "House Specialty cocktails" on the terrace were creative, cold, zesty and quite fabulous. Dinner at her Le Jardin was magnificent and the most relaxing on my trip. An early breakfast was both wide and endless. Did I fail to mention the beds are on a scale of 1 to 10, always a "12!" Likewise, when in Europe, you'll never find a better shower. As my bad back is a part of life, I intentionally plan nothing less than a 20 minute shower. At Le Richemond, I am quite tempted to double it.

No matter what your station or schedule in life, make time and take the time to enjoy life's pleasantries - at Le Richemond, it's a no-brainer. Just go. When you do, you'll know why their GM, Mr. Patrick Mossu is always smiling. His wonderful team and the endlessly flawless service gives him good reason! I share that emotion. I have, I do and I shall again. Not only because it's convenient. But, BECAUSE Le Richemond exemplifies all of the best charm and quality Geneva has to offer!

Room Tip: Just ask, it is one of the very few places where staff enumerates all options and details - they never embellish the truth!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JonMesser
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel is one of best hotels i stayed in from all point of view specially kindness and hospitality of the stuff members in addtion they were fully coorporative and helpful during my stay which result in confirmity for me as well as my familly.Therefore for my next visit to to Geneva i will directly and without thiking stay in Richemond hotel

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This is a very elegant hotel with modern rooms. The service was good by European standards. Its very pricey for what it is, but it is a block off the Lake and a very short walk into the center. Americans traveling, be aware that everything in Geneva is expensive, but the day I was there a glass of fresh OJ was the equivalent of $32 at this bar. One glass. Anyway, very nice place and good location.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business