We just spend 4 days at Le Richemond and I can only recommend it. A lovely, cosy and excellent place to stay in Geneva. Professional and very friendly staff combined with a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Located close to the Lake, view on the fountain and if you are lucky on the Mont Blanc. We had a beautiful and very comfortable room with a nice balcony. Housekeeping, turndown service everything was perfect. We missed nothing at all! Breakfast offers a wide variety of delicious food and sitting outside on the beautiful terrace was really a great experience. There is no better place in Geneva to start the day! Also our dinner and bar experiences have been great. Nothing to complain at all! Great food and perfect staff.
Nevertheless to our opinion the building and interior would need some little renovation. The hotel seems to have suffered a bit under the Rocco Forte Management. But we saw already improvements under the new and very professionell management of the Dorchester Collection. We can't wait to see further improvements and we are sure Le Richmond will become Geneva's No. 1 again very soon. We cannot wait to come again. Thanks for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, by the famous Jet d'Eau, Le Richemond is at the heart of a city known for its style and grace. Le Richemond is ideally located at the heart of the city, a few minutes by walk from the main train station and 15 minutes by car from the International Airport. Just over the bridge, on the rive gauche, guests can discover the old city and the Cathedral Saint-Pierre, the museums district and the luxury boutiques of the Rue du Rhône. The iconic five-star hotel is celebrating this year 140 years of history. In 1875, the hotel was a small family hotel with only 25 beds owned by Adolphe-Rodolphe Armleder. For over a century, Le Richemond has welcomed distinguished guests, from Hollywood icons and artists to international dignitaries and authors, all enjoying the unique cosmopolitan atmosphere and alpine scenery. The clientele has included some of the greatest names of the 20th century - from Charlie Chaplin and Louis Armstrong to Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Renovated in 2007, Le Richemond has been decorated in a contemporary style with a strong emphasis on comfort, elegance and state-of-the-art facilities. Le Richemond features 109 rooms including 22 suites with a lake or courtyard view. Signature suites are spacious with luxurious marble bathrooms and offer breathtaking views on the Brunswick Gardens and snow-capped Mont-Blanc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva