“In the top 5 in Geneva”

Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection
Ranked #7 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed in various 5 stars in geneva and have enough experience of city. Le Richemond has a top service quality from the valet Parking to the Laundry. Excellent staff, nice bar and lovely terrace on the street. No surprises.
Rooms need a little more light, and 5 additional sq meters would be great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BusinessShipTrav
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review which I had the pleasure to share with the team.

All of us here look forward to your return visit. We will extend to you our warmest welcome and note your preferences regarding the room.

I wish you an enjoyable summer.

There are newer reviews for Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Let's accept that it's expensive. All hotels in Geneva are expensive, and this is a top end one.
I believe (reading other reviews) I had one of the increasing number of refurbished rooms. It felt quietly luxurious and more importantly for me, it felt luxuriously quiet. Heavy fittings/curtains/carpets, zillions of thick towels - the room wasn't huge but everything was there and in the right place. (For example, the minibar was hidden in cupboards, not intrusively trying to get you to accidentally consume expensive stuff.)
So I'd read the other reviews and everyone says "great service" - but what does that really mean? I do agree, for example: concierge picks up the phone within 1 ring even when you ring at a busy time. Late checkout was courteously agreed without haggling over the time. Housekeeping managed to tidy the bathroom without imposing their views of which toiletries must go where. And the waiting staff have a special code for who is drinking sparkling water and who is drinking still. (You'll need to go there to find that one out).
One thing I would warn you about, only about a quarter of the rooms face over the garden/lake. So if when you are booking the hotel this is important for you, ask for it and pay extra if you need to. I think it would make a big difference to the experience - I had a back-facing room and I think I did lose out on some of the Geneva magic. But I was there on a conference package so I can't complain about that.
Oh finally it is easy to get there from the airport by train to Geneva Central. The airport give you free train tickets and so does the hotel and the trains are very frequent. The hotel is maybe 7 mins walk with a wheeled suitcase from the station platforms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared them with all the staff as they contribute to a “great service” as you mention.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the perfect location of the hotel ideally at a walking distance of Lake Leman, the city shopping & business centre, places if interest and the Old Town. Even the mountains seem nearby...

I wish to point out that we propose different room categories, all equipped with the utmost comfort, either overlooking the inside, or with a view on the city, or on the Lake and Brunswick Garden, available for our guests depending of their preferences.

We shall be very happy to welcome you back for another memorable experience and look forward to hearing from you.

I remain with kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We arrived at 11am and were happy to discover that our room was ready for us. A lovely spacious suite with views over the Jardin Brunswick and partial views of Lac Léman. Hotel is nicely situated just off the Quai de Mont Blanc and 10 minutes-walk across the bridge to the main central eating and shopping areas of Geneva. The room itself was spotlessly clean with all the amenities one expects of a top level hotel (nespresso coffee machine, TV in bathroom and huge double walk-in shower etc.) If possible, ask for a room facing the gardens and lake.

What really set our stay at Le Richemond apart was the exceptional levels of service we encountered. All staff were not only courteous but friendly and went above and beyond the call to answer any queries we had and make arrangements for us. Special recognition to Vivien and Christophe who epitomised the hotel’s ‘can-do’ approach. Lovely experience overall – I will be returning to Le Richemond. The only suggestion I have is to waive the costly CHF35 daily wi-fi charge, which should be included in the package rate for a hotel of this calibre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Jardin Brunswick with partial views of Lac Léman
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Le Richemond. We will inform the team who has contributed to making your stay a memorable one, as noted in your review "exceptional".

I am pleased that you enjoyed the unique location of the hotel, one of our Suites with a spectacular view of Lac Léman and Jardin Brunswick.

In relation to Internet, I would like to inform you that the matter is now under consideration in our group. They will come up shortly with the very best solution for our guests. It is planned to have a free connection with regular speed Internet and high speed at a favourable rate.

We all look forward to your return visit in our legendary Le Richemond and I remain with kind regards

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a great Hotel, although we had a back facing room, it was very quiet with full shutters, so the early morning light did not wake us. We stopped for 3 nights, on the 1st day we had lunch on the terrace in the sun, which was very good. We only had breakfast their once as we joined business colleagues at the Kempinksi nearby on the other days. The Richemond breakfast was superior, although the day we had it they were very short staffed, Room and bathroom excellent. When you are paying room rates of this level you expect free wi-fi, they wanted to charge 35 Swiss francs as day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you on a business trip in May and I would like to thank you for having chosen Le Richemond.

I am very grateful to you that you have taken the time to tell us all about.

You enjoyed particularly the utmost comfort of the room and the spacious bathroom as well as Restaurant Le Jardin,its legendary terrace, and last but not least our new Mediterranean cuisine.

I am pleased that you mention Internet, as this matter is under consideration in our group and they will come up shortly with the very best solution for our guests. .

Looking forward to your return visit to show you our improvements, I remain with kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

With so many options in Geneve for top end hotels, it is tough for hotels to stand apart. Le Richemond manages to stay near the top of the list by offering top level service. Location just iff the lake offers the advantages of a central location without the noise.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sa3dy
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to speak glowingly about your recent stay at Le Richemond Genève and its unique location.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the impeccable service provided by a dedicated team.

You are most welcome to visit us soon again either for pleasure or business and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

The room was beautiful, though very small. I understand this is common for Geneva, but it was still small and narrow. That being said, I would stay here again. Why? Service. Service.

I arrived at 7am. Received a room immediately. wow! no extra charge. The hotel is lovely location in front of the lake and you only have to cross a bridge to be right in the thick of the business district. the first day I walked to "old" geneva with no problem. The hotel provided free umbrellas. I returned and found that my suitcase was unpacked! Each day the room was cleaned twice and extra water was left free of charge (this is big to me, as I go through a LOT of water). The room has great blackout shades. great for jetlagged naps.

I was here on business and worked a lot from my room and required a lot of coffee due to jet lag. of course, this is a charge, but twice room service brought me coffee (and beautiful cookies) without charge me because it was "off" times and they said it wasn't any trouble. wow!

My one complaint would be the 'business center". There is not one. seriously. there is a small room with a pathetic printer that will only let you print six pages at a time. Again, though, service shown through. the front desk woman told me to email the document to her, she printed it within ten minutes and brought it to my room.

The location is "removed" so it is quiet, but it is within easy walking distance of everywhere. I saw lovely tulips on the bank, the "fountain" and had quaint restaurants within easy walking distance. Three blocks back, though, I think I stumbled on the sex trade district. I was traveling alone and felt unsafe (only place I did), so quickly turned around. I would not choose not to stay here because of this, though.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at Le Richemond on your business trip and to hear your feedback which I value greatly.

The hotel, a legendary place in Geneva, has a long history of service and tradition and I am glad you had a taste of it during your stay.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed so much one of our beautiful rooms and look forward to surprise you with a different one on your return visit.

In addition, I would like to inform you that we have planned a business centre in our next renovation program of the public areas this year.

Thank you very much for your very kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

It is located trickily that the balconies (on one side) still see a great view of the Jet d'Eau on the beautiful lake, yet at the same time, with a little distance away from the lake-side traffic which creates problem of noise for other hotels at the same privileged location. Instead of a busy road with day-time jam, its entrance faces a relaxing garden which the gothic monument of Brunswick.

I was first impressed by the high quality of courtesy of a number of front desk staff when I visited just for viewing of the room for my guest. From the Front Desk Manager, the Shift Leader to the Concierge (he is the most experienced in town!), they all give you the air of a professional with high standard training, placing the customer always in the highest end, with respect and understanding.

Our group has a list of requirements for different rooms and this is the first hotel where the Front Desk tackled with all my challenging requests with a tireless smile and politeness, returning with even more than I asked. In fact Sylvain the Manager treated me more like an old friend who understood well why I made such requests, though it's the first time we met. I think I started to understand what "hospitality" means for the first time. Being understood before welcomed, rather than just superficial hugs and smiles.

The only things that I can pick is the lack of hot plates at the breakfast, especially for Asians. And particularly for vegetarians like us, this is the first-five star hotel which we found difficulty at breakfast time in our European trip. But again the elegantly furnished restaurant answered our special request, and the chef made us freshly prepared Rostis and steamed vegetable deliberately, although the waiting time was a bit long. But they managed to remember our need and improved in the following mornings. And the careful Front Desk Manager apologized sincerely that he had not asked me in advance.

Le Richemond changed my concept and expectation of a GOOD hotel and the professional quality of its staff. Real hospitality with a personal touch in its management. Superb!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake is a must, otherwise the other side faces a huge piping system but they are a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Le Richemond, a legendary place in Geneva.

I am delighted that you enjoyed so much your stay with us, particularly our great hotelier tradition of hospitality and the excellence of service provided by a dedicated team.

It is also a pleasure to hear your suggestions as we are constantly striving to improve our services to you.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your guest back in a near future,

Yours sincerely