“Le Richemond”

Ranked #6 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Le Richemond”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The service was outstanding. From valet service to reception and breakfast we were spoiled by everyone. The room was spacious and the bathroom huge and we had a beautiful look at the lake and the mountains. Breakfast offered a huge variety of food and the Birchermüsli was one of the best we tasted. Excellent experience - we will certainly return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brigittep37
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guests,

I wish you a happy new year 2014.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your visit to Le Richemond last December.

Your comments are highly appreciated and I have duly shared them with the staff who played such an important part in delivering an "outstanding service" during your stay with us, as you quote.

As for the food, our Chef's secret is to use the best products from local producers in order to provide an excellent customer experience either for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed so much the location of the hotel near the lake and peaceful Brunswick Garden and look forward to your return visit.

Klaus Kabelitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 October 2013

From check-in to check-out , we received incredible and personal service. The attention to detail was impecable. The staff were wonderful and they could not have made us more welcome. Thank you to Emanuel and Claudia who were so friendly and helpful ! Breakfast was delicious and extremely well organised.
My husband and I will not stay anywhere else in Geneva. A true Gem in Geneva !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank daltonb
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your lovely review following your recent stay here at Le Richemond. Your wonderful comments have been shared with Claudia, Emanuel and the team.

I am glad that you enjoyed so much the hotel, the attention to details for a memorable stay, the breakfast menu with its Swiss delicacies.

Looking forward to your return visit to your "Geneva Home",

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Absolutaly not acceptable the service and the food quality at the Restaurant.
Haveing a Business dinner with colleages we experienced that the starters arrived one hour later after we have orderd it.
Several plates which where on the menu for starters where not available anymore. After we have finished eating the starters the waiter came and explained they run out of sole and we should choose something different for the main course....needless to say we explained that we are here for dinner and not for breakfast. Totally overpriced and unaceptable food quality. Will never go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I would be happy to answer you back if you could give me some additional information in order to make a full investigation on your visit to our restaurant.

Would you please contact me directly on the following number 022 715 7700.

I remain at your entire disposal and thank you very much for your kind attention.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This wonderful hotel paid attention to each and every detail.
Pros - the staffs willingness to help went above and beyond. My camera charger broke and they offered to go pick up a new charger for me. They made an effort to remember my name and offer recommendations to help. Other pros - upscale amenities: heated towel rack, great towels, heated mirror to reduce fog, great bedding, awesome turndown service, blackout shutters, in the heart of Geneva, welcome cake, and much much more

Cons - pricey, room is on the smaller side and bed a bit short (European style).

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mcardillo
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor which have been greatly appreciated by all of us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the utmost comfort of your room and bathroom, the amenities offered and above all the impeccable service provided by a dedicated team.

Looking forward to your return stay, we will still try to surprise and please you.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 3 September 2013

the hotel LE RICHEMOND not only is a 5 star hotel no its much more because there can´t be a
better service. The Swiss Hotelerie in general is known as one of the best but LE RICHEMOND
let you feel being an important person. Important in the sense that you have an excellent stuff
who wants give you all you need.
Of course its not cheap, but a cheap hotel can´t have such an excellent stuff. Feeling in a luxurious ambiente means to pay for-:)

Room Tip: I did not use the pool and Spa-aerea. The rooms are a bit dark. Maybe with the refurbishing all beco...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tamara4513
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I enjoyed reading your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us and sharing them with the team.

Le Richemond is a legendary place in Geneva whose hallmark is still a long tradition of service and excellent staff.

I am glad that it makes you feel important as our guest.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for showing your feelings. I look forward to the pleasure of your return visit if only for the opportunity to visit our new Spa.

I remain with kind regards

Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed in various 5 stars in geneva and have enough experience of city. Le Richemond has a top service quality from the valet Parking to the Laundry. Excellent staff, nice bar and lovely terrace on the street. No surprises.
Rooms need a little more light, and 5 additional sq meters would be great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessShipTrav
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review which I had the pleasure to share with the team.

All of us here look forward to your return visit. We will extend to you our warmest welcome and note your preferences regarding the room.

I wish you an enjoyable summer.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Let's accept that it's expensive. All hotels in Geneva are expensive, and this is a top end one.
I believe (reading other reviews) I had one of the increasing number of refurbished rooms. It felt quietly luxurious and more importantly for me, it felt luxuriously quiet. Heavy fittings/curtains/carpets, zillions of thick towels - the room wasn't huge but everything was there and in the right place. (For example, the minibar was hidden in cupboards, not intrusively trying to get you to accidentally consume expensive stuff.)
So I'd read the other reviews and everyone says "great service" - but what does that really mean? I do agree, for example: concierge picks up the phone within 1 ring even when you ring at a busy time. Late checkout was courteously agreed without haggling over the time. Housekeeping managed to tidy the bathroom without imposing their views of which toiletries must go where. And the waiting staff have a special code for who is drinking sparkling water and who is drinking still. (You'll need to go there to find that one out).
One thing I would warn you about, only about a quarter of the rooms face over the garden/lake. So if when you are booking the hotel this is important for you, ask for it and pay extra if you need to. I think it would make a big difference to the experience - I had a back-facing room and I think I did lose out on some of the Geneva magic. But I was there on a conference package so I can't complain about that.
Oh finally it is easy to get there from the airport by train to Geneva Central. The airport give you free train tickets and so does the hotel and the trains are very frequent. The hotel is maybe 7 mins walk with a wheeled suitcase from the station platforms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared them with all the staff as they contribute to a “great service” as you mention.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the perfect location of the hotel ideally at a walking distance of Lake Leman, the city shopping & business centre, places if interest and the Old Town. Even the mountains seem nearby...

I wish to point out that we propose different room categories, all equipped with the utmost comfort, either overlooking the inside, or with a view on the city, or on the Lake and Brunswick Garden, available for our guests depending of their preferences.

We shall be very happy to welcome you back for another memorable experience and look forward to hearing from you.

I remain with kind regards