“wish i could have stayed longer”

Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection
Ranked #7 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 12 April 2014

what a great hotel - better than other 5 starts in Geneva. service impeccable and everyone was d genuinely nice. My room was comfortable and room service exactly on time and food quite good. I only stayed overnight but will return the next time I am in Geneva for business. Best hotel i have ever stayed in Geneva.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara W
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your happy memories on your recent stay with us.

Knowing that you enjoyed the utmost comfort of the room, the food based on local and seasonal produce and the personalized service, I look forward as well as the team to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Having studied the previous good reviews and having stayed at the Dorchester London, I decided to book a 2 night stay at Le Richemond.

Firstly, this hotel is definitely NOT in he same league as the Dorchester London, Yes the staff are friendly but it doesn't have the wow factor or opulence one would expect from a 5 star establishment and at best I would rate this 4 stars!

When booking, the view from room was described as the inner courtyard/city. I have attached images of our view. This has to be the worst view I have ever been given when staying in a hotel.

The room was basic, the writing desk had black ink on it, obviously a child had done this on a previous visit, but just not acceptable!

I ordered room service paid 70 cfs for steak only to find a hair in the food.

My birthday weekend away from such a disappointed, I will definitely NEVER return to Le Richemond and anyone considering booking I suggest looking at the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental or Hotel d' Angleterre.

Room Tip: Only ever consider staying here if you have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank suntan01
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear suntan01,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Richemond as your home in Geneva and for your detailed description of your recent stay.

Having just taken over the hotel, it is true that our decoration is still on the modern and contemporary side that the previous owner favoured but there is no excuse for the left over stain on the desk or the hair in the food. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused as a consequence.

The brand new air conditioning plant behind the hotel will be integrated in an interesting garden design and meanwhile we offer rooms on that side of the hotel at more interesting rates. I am so glad that you rated the Sleep Quality worthy of five points to which no doubt the double glazing contributed a great deal.

Whilst I can understand the allure of international standard chain hotels I also wish that we had found out that this was your birthday weekend in order to spoil you and your guest and offer you a room with a view.

We have worked diligently to bring up the hotel to the standards of our sister hotels and our restoration program will return the Richemond to its roots as a classic Swiss Grand Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me personally on Klaus.Kabelitz@dorchestercollection.com so that we can look after you better on your next visit.

With kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

No complaints for a one night business trip. Great location, attentive service, nice touches such as bedtime truffles....but at > CHF 500 I found it hard to justify. I have since been informed that their was a motor show on but I take exception to hotels which elevate prices so sharply during peak times.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

The sacred formula "all is luxury, tranquility and pleasure" may apply to your review and I would like to thank you for your comments.

On the other hand, I inform you that we have different types of rooms and rates. When the demand is high, which is the case of the Moto Show, our cheapest room categories are sold well in advance and so limiting your choice.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your room request and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a long ‘Valentines’ weekend at Le Richemond in Geneva Switzerland. At first glance the hotel blends in with the many neighboring hotels in the area but only till you step inside. Here the breathtaking décor of a large grand staircase, beautiful flower displays and the friendly staff set this hotel above the rest.

The friendly staff that’s energy and smiles remained for the duration of our stay. We were upgraded to a lake front room without prompting which made us feel extra special. The views of the terrace were simply amazing. The location is quiet but within walking distance to many shops, cafés and restaurants.

The room was beautiful and we were surprised by a personal note from the manager along with special amenities. The oversized marble bath and heated towel rack were simply wonderful.

Valentine’s Day we were surprised by a heart shaped decorated tray of strawberry’s and chocolate (my favorite) and champagne. The room was cleaned twice a day always with a new amenity and water free of charge. The blackout room shades were wonderful for the occasional morning of sleeping in.

We joined the in house restaurant in the mornings for breakfast and had one dinner there. All the staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure us feel welcomed. We ordered room service our last morning there due to an early flight home and it was again….amazing. The room service staff were by far the most genuinely friendly staff I have met in any hotel.

We enjoyed our time there and hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: The lake front views are worth fighting for....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guests,

Your review on your Valentine’s weekend at Le Richemond has been shared enthusiastically with the team. I am delighted that you had such a good time with us and felt “extra special”.

The ideal location of the hotel, the beautiful room with a view on the lake, the exclusive restaurant Le Jardin together with a welcoming team, as you noted, will make you return and I hope to surprise you again.

Thank you for the compliments and for taking the time to tell us all about it on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Beautiful property and warm hearted staff welcomed us. The view is breathtaking from our room.
My mother in law room was upgraded to suite and she was really really happy and comforted as her husband just passed away about a month ago. There are many little details that make this hotel an excellent place ..the welcoming delicious chocolates and biscuits, spacious and comfortable room, the bathroom and most of all the friendly staff and their services level moved my husband & I. The hotel is decorated with beautiful fresh flowers everywhere and we looked forward to our breakfast every morning as there were plenty of variety of food.
We will definitely come back .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Celine2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Thank you for letting me know that you had such an excellent stay with us and that our staff members have taken a very good care of you.
Your remarks on the service are greatly appreciated as well as your special attention to the daily amenities, the fresh flowers and the delightful breakfasts.

We all look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Good location at the bank of Geneve lake. Good breakfast. Friendly staff especially reception and doormen. One comment: TV channels were quite boring. Bathroom did not have toothbrush and paste set. Really liked welcome note and piece of chocolate car on top of biscuit road as it was a week of Geneva Auto Show.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Richemond. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed the perfect location of the hotel.
It will be a pleasure to have all your preferences on your next visit, either for any additional TV channels or for any amenities you specially like. We will also provide you with a dental kit which is available for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I didnt see that much of the hotel as I only stayed for one night at the Le Richemond on business and I picked the hotel as I have always had had good experiences with Dorchester Collection. What really impressed me was the staff, I found the service level incredibly high and friendly! Breakfast was very good as well. I stayed in a Deluxe Room which had a comfortable king bed. The bathroom was marble with a tub/rain shower combined and okay size. The free internet was pretty slow but you can upgrade at a cost ( why is it not just free? ). The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport in taxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Dorchester Collection hotels and for your recent stay at Le Richemond. Your comments on TripAdvisor have been duly shared with the team who made such a great impression on you.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of one of our Deluxe Rooms and the Carrara marble bathroom. And your mention of the breakfast is important as we strive to make it healthy and delicious.

As for Internet, I am glad that you point this out as we have now improved the free connection.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back here.