Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection
Ranked #7 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've been to.. Our reservation was for standard rooms and we got an upgrade for suits.. One of them was the presidential suit.. Was awesome.. Nice big balcony with lake view.. Very clean hotel.. Nice and simple breakfast although there is no variety.. Definitely will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2014
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guests,

It is a double pleasure for me to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and greatly enjoyed the upgrade to one of our suites.

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your memorable summer experience at Le Richemond.

On your return visit this autumn, we plan to have a new breakfast menu with a large variety of Swiss and local products.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Sometimes, everything is just right!! Nice room, great view, excellent service. This hotel is a gem. On this occasion I was joined by my 8 year old son and the staff made him feel very special and he even received a teddy bear.

Top marks!!

Room Tip: 404 if you can get it - views of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your praise on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with your 8 year old son at Le Richemond.

Your comments have been greatly appreciated by all the team.

I am glad that your enjoyed the room with a breathtaking view of the lake and the mountains, the ultimate service we strive to provide to our guests in order to feel at home. The legend of this unique place goes on for the delight of both children and adults.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future, I wish you a nice summer.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited Geneva for Grand auto exposition and we decided to stay at Le Richmond. We had a beautiful art nuvo junior with a lot of mirrors and well- carpentered. As we are travelling a lot with our son, 10 yrs old, we like to take an apartment with a room for him and with his own bathroom. Seems like we were in one of Poirot apartment!
The breakfast is good butt much to expansive.
My impression was that you have to pay even the air in Geneva(and is rather a pollute one as the traffic is so intense)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DoctorDermatology
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a beautiful stay with your family at Le Richemond and enjoyed the peerless comfort and luxury in one of our suites.

Kindly note that the breakfast rate is similar across the Geneva hotels in our category.

Thank you very much to take the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and I’ll be happy to share some value for money options available in Geneva.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a recent business trip. Overall a great experience. My only reason for not rating the hotel as excellent is the price. Detailed review follows.

Location - one block off the lake. Great location for walking to the old town and close enough to walk to the hauptbahnhof. Borders on a sketchy area to the north and east, but easy to avoid. Easy taxi ride to airport.

Room/facility - I had an inner room facing the courtyard. I believe this was reflected in my room price, but not sure as I did not do the actual booking of the room. Room was smallish and well appointed. Decent sized bathroom in excellent condition. I found the bed to be very comfortable. The hotel lobby area is nicely decorated and easy to navigate as are the adjoining bar and restaraunts. Room service meals were average to good. Strong wireless internet signal. I did not use any of the other hotel facilities.

Service - Outstanding. Everything you would expect from a hotel at this level. Very warm greeting at check-in. Concierge went out of his way to assist me in planning some sightseeing and meals. This is definitely a strong point of this hotel.

Geneva itself is a very interesting city with a great mix of old and new. The old town was terrific - I could have easily spent a full day there seeing sights. Do not miss the archeological site below the Cathedral. I did not have time for a boat tour of the lake, but talked to several people who said it was wonderful. Again my only negative is cost - Geneva certainly lived up to its reputation as one of the most expensive cities in Europe.

Room Tip: Defintely get a lake view if possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eurotripper22
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following a 3 night business stay at Le Richemond.

I am delighted that you had a memorable experience and enjoyed greatly the service which you described as outstanding, the unique location of the hotel and the comfort of the room.

As you have noted, Geneva is a world of its own, situated in magnificent natural surroundings, offering a variety of cultural and sightseeing attractions as well as a warm welcome.

Yes, on the surface Geneva appears to be expensive but there are plenty of value for money options available. I am living here for more than 2 years now and I’ll be happy to share them.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at Le Richemond for one night and it was more tan great! Arriving at the hotel immediately service staff were very welcome to me! Room are great and comfortable. Close to everything within walking distance. The restaurant of the hotel is amazing food & service. This hotel is woth to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander S
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Alexander,

I am delighted to hear your praise and appreciation regarding your recent stay with your family at Le Richemond.

The location of this legendary hotel is perfect ,close to the Lake, the shopping and business center as well as various places of interest in Geneva, as you noted.

I am pleased that you tasted our summer menu created by our Chefs, based on local and seasonal produce in the festive ambiance of restaurant Le Jardin.

On behalf of the team and myself, I would like to thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Location: on the lake with about 25 mins return jogging path towards the gardens; in the morning highly recommend getting coffee and musli at the café right outside of the hotel across from the main entrance in the little park; was told by colleagues that live in Geneva that this hotel boarders Geneva’s red light district and in the evenings you might find ourselves in a company of ladies with the oldest profession (hmmm) – I did not see much of it during my stay (thankfully)
Service: attentive; multi lingual; tipping is expected
Décor and Amenities: somewhat modern, quiet rooms, white marble full size bathroom; compact spa and sauna but very clean and tastefully decorated; gym is small but well equipped; don’t forget to grab a bottle of water on your way out; HARDEST mattress I had ever slept on at a 5-star hotel (close to sleeping on the floor carpet)
Food options: other than cherries that I got in the room that were placed for someone else (I asked to put me on the higher floor at the check in which took more than 15 mins!) I did not have any food ;-)
Overall: great city location, feels too stuffy (I have not seen a single family with kids), many rooms including mine look out into the “court” which is a terrible scene of pipes / HVAC equipment / could be very dark; lobby is unimpressive at all (boy I was tired of seeing watch adds / displays throughout the city!)

Room Tip: Stay away from "Court yard" facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feelings and emotions regarding your recent stay with us.

Le Richemond has a unique location as you mention overlooking the famous Brunswick Garden and Lake Geneva; situated in the Pâquis, one of the most colourful districts in the city with an array of small boutiques, bistrots and night clubs, but please rest assured that our hotel security is very vigilant.

The décor of the hotel is still on a modern and contemporary side until our restoration program will return it to a classic Swiss Grand Hotel. The brand new air conditioning located in the patio will also be integrated in a horizontal urban gardening. Meanwhile we offer rooms on that side at more favourable rates.

I would like to apologize for the welcome amenities misplaced this time upon your arrival.

Kindly on your next reservation, do mention your preferences for high floor, your favorite amenities and request a mattress topper for utmost comfort. Our team is very attentive to all the details which can make your stay a memorable one.

We all look forward to looking after you when you return and I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at Le Richemond for 3 nights, the rooms were nice but the best thing about the hotel by far was the service! everyone was helpful and accommodating and they took care of us really well. The location was great to, right off lake Geneva. The concierge recommended fabulous restaurants throughout the city. This was definitely a very relaxing little vacation, and I would 100% stay there again next time I'm in Geneva!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank thegoodlife101
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your feelings regarding your memorable 3 night vacation here at Le Richemond.

I am glad that you enjoyed this legendary hotel, the excellence in service and the team attentive to details.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in a near future and look after you so well.

Yours sincerely,