We stayed at the Le Richemond on 2/13/05 on a side trip from Paris. We had booked this hotel for 2 nights, but upon arriving, we promptly changed our plans to 1 night and high-tailed it back to Paris. The hotel lobby is loaded with garrish furnishings from 1972. The front desk staff were quite curt, but helpful. We had specifically requested a non-smoking room, and we confirmed this upon our arrival. When we were shown our room, we counted an astounding 5 ashtrays conveniently placed throughout the room with boxes of matches provided. I asked the clerk about the ashtrays to which she responded that they were in every room and were for decoration. At approximately 10pm the smoke wafting in from the adjoining rooms was too much to bear and we were forced to open a window for air - in Geneva - in winter. The mold growing in the shower was black and thick and the bathroom floors and counters were dirty. This hotel hasn't been updated in many years and needs to seriously be renovated - right down to the red velvet fabric covering the doors. The price is extremely high, especially for a hotel of this poor quality. If you must go to Geneva I wouldn't stay here - if you're considering taking a vacation in Geneva, look at another city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, by the famous Jet d'Eau, Le Richemond is at the heart of a city known for its style and grace. Le Richemond is ideally located at the heart of the city, a few minutes by walk from the main train station and 15 minutes by car from the International Airport. Just over the bridge, on the rive gauche, guests can discover the old city and the Cathedral Saint-Pierre, the museums district and the luxury boutiques of the Rue du Rhône. The iconic five-star hotel is celebrating this year 140 years of history. In 1875, the hotel was a small family hotel with only 25 beds owned by Adolphe-Rodolphe Armleder. For over a century, Le Richemond has welcomed distinguished guests, from Hollywood icons and artists to international dignitaries and authors, all enjoying the unique cosmopolitan atmosphere and alpine scenery. The clientele has included some of the greatest names of the 20th century - from Charlie Chaplin and Louis Armstrong to Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Renovated in 2007, Le Richemond has been decorated in a contemporary style with a strong emphasis on comfort, elegance and state-of-the-art facilities. Le Richemond features 109 rooms including 22 suites with a lake or courtyard view. Signature suites are spacious with luxurious marble bathrooms and offer breathtaking views on the Brunswick Gardens and snow-capped Mont-Blanc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva