“The Hotel Ambassador Was My Savior!”
Review of Hotel Ambassador

Hotel Ambassador
Ranked #60 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Los Angeles
“The Hotel Ambassador Was My Savior!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

After a night at hotel in a terrible neighborhood (see my review of the Hotel Edelweiss) we were desperate for something nice in the heart of Geneva and were lucky enough to stumble upon the Hotel Ambassador. This hotel has been a gem of a find. It is right in the heart of town, has lovely accommodations, an incredibly friendly and accommodating staff, and is extremely reasonably priced in a city that is anything but. Yes, the decor is somewhat eclectic and unconventional, but who cares! It has all the amenities you could ever want and we have been thrilled with our experience. As a family of five (with a nanny) we were lucky enough to find two connecting rooms that could accommodate all of us. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Geneva.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank msedaka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
california
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Ambassador with my husband. I can't say enough about the Hotel and it's Staff. They were all very helpful with tourist information and helping us make dinner reservations each night. The Staff would do whatever to make our stay memorable.
We had a beautiful, spacious room, on the 2nd floor, overlooking Lake Geneva. I would open up my windows and could hear the rushing sound of the water and enjoyed watching the swans swimming about. The view alone was spectacular, both day and night. A short walk across the nearby bridge to many wonderful shops. The hotel is also centrally located to many local sights and to Old Town. Very convenient location if your touring.
I highly recommend this comfortable, lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Request a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sweetpea100
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 19 April 2012

but the room I had was tiny. No, really really tiny. Good thing I didn't bring my cat because I couldn't have swung it in the room. And the room cost 200 Swiss Francs ($332, £206, xe.com), so it was really terrible value. It had a bed that was somewhere between a large single and a small double, and just about enough space to walk around it to the bathroom door, and I had to turn partly sideways to get in the bathroom door and take a couple of steps to the lavatory. The next smallest bathroom I have ever seen was on the flight over to Geneva. If this is old style Geneva, I will be looking for new style Geneva next time I come this way. The one thing I will not be doing is heading back to The Ambassador.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or get an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mjtoal
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Lovely comfortable hotel. Had room on the top floor overlooking river, close to town centre. Would stay here again and would highly recommend. The staff were excellent and helpful.

Room Tip: Top floor river view room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MoondanceMel
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here twice. I found Rooms were too hot and I couldn't turn the heating down had to open the window. The standard room was very standard. The superior room was much better with 2 toilets, was much larger and represented much better value. Free Internet in the lobby but not in the rooms. Also the lights are on dimmer switches, so initially I found the room dark especially getting cloths out of the wardrobe.

• Stayed January 2012
New York City, USA
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here for two nights on business and found this hotel to be good for what you pay. Geneva is VERY expensive and this hotel was cheap compared to other 4 star hotels. Its in a top location on the river and has great views. The restaurant was good. Furnishings are a bit dated, reminiscent of Alm Uncle.

There are better places to stay in Geneva but if you're on a budget, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Love this hotel! I first discovered this hotel in 1978 and have been enjoying Geneva from its central location on many trips since. The Ambassador Staff is excellent, providing good personal services. It is located in the heart of Geneva and provides very good accomodations at a very reasonable price. The rooms are cozy, clean and nicely appointed. Ask for a room overlooking the river or the quaint square with a fountain.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family