“For a Kempinski Hotel, this was not great.”

Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I am big fan of the Kempinski chain, this was disappointing. I mean, its a nice hotel with decent gym, pool, location by the Lake so nothing terrible but the price you pay, there would be much better options in Geneva, I am sure. The foyer felt like a 90's shopping Centre, it was particularly overpriced and the rooms were uninspiring, very dated...

If you stay in Geneva, you have to pay decent money for a nice hotel but i am pretty sure there are better options than this Kempinski, the Geneva hotel lets this respected brand down.

1  Thank DavidF2011
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva for your recent stay. I am delighted to learn that you are a big fan of the Kempinski Chain worldwide.

We take all reviews seriously and appreciate your feedback. I wish to personally reassure you that our prices are within the price range of all other 5-star Hotels in Geneva. I hope that during your next stay with us you will have the time to experience our spa, fitness and swimming pool.

I look forward to personally welcome you on your next visit to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed on a one night business trip in September. The hotel is located by the lake and I enjoyed a walk along the promenade, but it is a concrete functional design of building. The porter and reception staff were were friendly and very helpful. The public areas and bedrooms are spacious compared to hotels in the old town. I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked generously sized. Everything was clean and efficient although at a price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva for your recent visit.
I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. I would also like to thank you for your appreciation of our Front Office staff. I am certain that your comments will serve as an encouragement to all our staff.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

With Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2011

I recently completed a 5 day stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinski in Geneva for a business trip. I thought that this was a wonderful hotel. I had a very pleasant stay at this property and overall, I would say that my experience was very positive while there. This was my first trip to Geneva, so I was not very familiar with the surrounding area. I asked the hotel staff for recommendation on places to eat, direction to the office location, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided excellent information. Since I was staying for business, I didn't call on the staff for any room service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Thank you for selecting The Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we met your expectations. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your valuable comments help us to reach our goals and serve as encouragement to our staff.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to The Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Very beautiful hotel. Seemed newly renovated. The location was very good and it had also a secure car park underground which was nice. The room was very spacious and very well designed. The concierge staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Thank you for choosing The Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and guest satisfaction is our aim.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

One of those hotels that's so up it's own **** and catering to a business market that it thinks it fine to charge you over 600 USD per night, an extra $60 for breakfast and not provide a coffe machine in your room. Avoid.

1  Thank ohnmarkhin

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva during your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We at the Kempinski understand the importance of fulfilling our guests expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our hotel with a negative impression.

Please rest assured that we are in line with 5-star hotels in Geneva concerning the prices.

During your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relation service if you need to have a coffee machine installed in your room.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Geneva!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2011

It's a typical posh and overpriced kempinsky hotel. But being located in Geneva it's even more expensive that average.
And after paying a huge amount of money they didn't even provide you with a "complimentary bottle of water" in your room.
What I also personally disliked is the "electronic fridge", where all the items, even if you just touch them are automatically charged to you credit card. And there is no free space in it. For me personally it meant that I couldn't but a cheese (as a swiss souvenir :)) and place it for the night in the fridge
For the rest - if you are business traveller and company covers all the expences it's ok: nice location near the lake, walking distance to the city center, cozy and clean rooms, very rich breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Maria N
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your positive comments about our location, as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. We put a lot of focus on our breakfast buffet and I am delighted that you remarked the effort.
Please rest assured that we are in line with the pricing of other 5-star hotels in Geneva. We do also provide complimentary water in all guest rooms.
During your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relation service if you need a personal item refrigerated - we can of course take care of this for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon back in sunny Geneva!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Very professsional and reliable... But very impersonal. No offense to it but it's just that kind of hotel. If you're a rich business man who spends half his time traveling, it's good for you.

But one thing: dont charge be for photocopies when Im paying 700$ a night!

• Stayed: September 2011
LadyInRedKempinski, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you very much for selecting the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. We take all reviews seriously and highly appreciate your feedback. We fully understand your disappointment with regard to our staff attitude and business centre services. This will be definitely addressed at our upcoming Department Heads meeting.
We sincerely apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel on your next visit.

With kindest regards,