“Fantastic Hotel with excellent service.”

Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 7 June 2014

From the time we entered, the members of the staff at Kempenski Geneva provided great service. The reception staff were very helpful with the check in process, and were generous to provide a complimentary upgrade.
The room we were gives was enormous, there was plenty of storage space and lots of room to be comfortable. The bathroom was clean, spacious and had nice amenities. The highlight of the room was the bed, it was massive, the biggest I've seen and very comfortable.
The concierge provided a lot of assistance with places to go, ways to get around and suggested a great restaurant for dinner.
My experience at the Grand Hotel Kempeski, Geneva, has been one of the best I've had at a hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk too much, make sure you tell the check in staff. The hotel is very lar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mr. Karan b,

How delightful it is to read your comment! Thank you very much for taking the time to publish this review on Tripadvisor.
The entire team of the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva strives to provide excellent service and there is no greater reward than your kind words.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Didn't stay here but had a dinner with colleagues. The hotel is very nice apart from the three middle eastern children who thought it was acceptable to roller blade and micro scoot around the hotel, I would take an educated guess that if Daddy (owner of chrome Bugatti Veyron parked outside) wasn't spending CHF10,000 a night on a suite then the said annoying brats would be politely told to bugger off and play elsewhere. Dinner was average at best and for a hotel of this standard was poor. Veal cheeks for main were ok, the lemon infused creme brûlée was inedible as the lemon wasn't infused it was firmly planted! Oh well at least the company was good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank irwm69
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Geneva is expensive. This hotel is expensive. It is nice, things are well appointed. I found it to be spotlessly clean. The common areas make it look very flashy. Surprising that all of the nice hotels are a block away from the red-light district - but no issues with that.

Per one of the other posters - there was bottled water in the room - but hidden in the mini bar.

Very convenient for les bains de paquis - which is an institution I am told.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelGeneva, Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr. Beachedas,

Thank you for visiting The Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your kind remarks on our service and location next to the lake and are delighted to hear your overall experience at our hotel was positive.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Geneva.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a regular place for me to stay when in Geneva. This time round, the front desk made every effort to make my stay comfortable despite the initial problems with the rooms. I even got upgraded in the end with a view of the lake. Great location, good room service...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Meedan_hk,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

We are delighted to hear that you particularly appreciated the professionalism and efficiency of our staff, our unbeatable view and room service. Rest assured that we will share your kind comments with the departments concerned.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had stayed in Kempinski Beijing, Bangkok and Geneva many times for business and conference since 2000. The concierge and housekeeping services of Kempinski Geneva is the terrible one I have ever experiences in my 20 years of business travel.

I was staying in Kempinski Geneva in superior room 3331 for EBACE2014 on 18-22 May 2014. My samsonite suitcase is in good shape the taxi driver put it from the trolley to the trunk of the taxi. The bellboy of kempinski help picked up the suitcase from the trunk of the taxi and take it straight to my room. After I completed check-in and arrive my room, I soon realized the handle of my suitcase is broken. I raised complaint regarding this incident to the front desk and they just pass me to the concierge. The concierge asked the bellboy regarding this incident. The unhonest belly boy just said "it was broken the time I take it from the trunk of the taxi, perhaps the taxi driver mishandle this suitcase". The concierge offered to call the taxi driver and have me to go to lunch first. He said he will get back to me ASAP.

After I get back from lunch, the concierge just told me the taxi driver said he never touch my luggage at all and I am the one put it in the trunk of the taxi. ( I wonder if they have make any call for me. ) What a lier, the taxi driver charged me an additonal 6 CHF for the luggage. What a good suggestion from the concierge is to have me to call the police? They cannot do anything. I am really helpless at this stage. The concierge never offered any sound remedy and solution right of way. I have to beg them to have the hotel technician to tempory fixed the suitcase. I said I will post this incident on tripadvisor. It seems to me they dont really care. Their business is too good and at the right location. They dont really care my business. What I learn from this incident is that "NEVER EVER LET THE BELLBOY TO TOUCH YOUR SUITCASE, YOU BETTER CARRY IT ALL BY YOURSELF TO YOUR ROOM".

I flight back Hong Kong on 22nd. When I get home on 24th and open the suitcase, I soon realize I left my Hugo Boss' pant of my black business suit in my room. I immediately sent several e-mail to the hotel to have them look for my pant and mail it back to me. What I get is just an e-mail from the hotel saying they did not find anything in the room 3331 after my departure. That's it. I only stay in your hotel during my business trip to geneva and I never open my suitcase except this room. I guess somebody already take my pant.

I left my expensive digital camera in shangri-la bangkok. They kindly return it to me by courier mail using DHL. So I expected Kempinski can do better becasue you are charging a six star hotel price. I will never ever stay in this hotel manage by unhonest personnel. I will try the new Mandarin Oriental Geneva during EBACE 2015.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mr. Franco K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of service, quality, professionalism and hospitality, namely on arrival and after your departure. I sincerely apologize for the undue inconvenience and aggravation caused in this respect.
Needless to say that your observations have been taken into serious consideration and appropriate actions will be taken with my Operational Department Heads .
Trusting that you will give us another chance of demonstrating that we can serve you better with your Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva needs, thereby restoring your full confidence in our product

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very nice hotel on Lake Geneva. Room was nice and very clean and the staff was friendly and most of them spoke some English. Like anything in Switzerland this is a very expensive place to visit. No free bottled water in the room. Hotel was a 5 minute walk to the bus station where the tours I signed for left from. A margherita pizza in the room is CHF 34. The Kempinski Signature Burger is CHF 56. Ouch!!! Other options for eating are out there. Check across the street for sandwiches and pizza. My room was above the street and there was always some sort of hell raising or partying going on waking me up around 4ish in the morning. I was in room 4477. Not a great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelGeneva, Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mr. Doug S,

Thank you for staying at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva and for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
We value your feedback and what a pleasure to read that you particularly appreciated the kindness of our staff, and that you also enjoyed our unbeatable location and comfortable room.
As for your remark concerning the noise pollution from ​outside the hotel, w​e sincerely apologize for the undue inconvenience ​​due to our privileged city location.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva shortly.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel K is wonderfully located and provides the basics of a grand hotel. Positives include an incredible breakfast with a highly attentive staff; excellent pool, spa and fitness center with steam and sauna; nicely appointed rooms; and a general welcoming for American guests. There is room for improvement with the rest of the staff - who seem more oriented to serving the uber rich who visit Geneva. Prices are very high in the bar, and noise from the disco is annoying when it's late into the evening. As well, walls and doors are thin - which is a problem with loud guests on the floor.

Room Tip: Push for something quiet, away from disco.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RSJ50
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear RSJ50,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinksi Geneva.
We are delighted to hear that you particularly appreciated the professionalism and efficiency of our staff, and that you also enjoyed your room, the breakfast and our Spa&Fitness. Rest assured that we will share your kind comments with the departments concerned.
As for your remark concerning the noise pollution from the Bar and the Java Club, this will be discussed with my Director of Food & Beverage and Director of Rooms Division. We sincerely apologize for the undue inconvenience and aggravation caused in this respect.

Yours Sincerely,