“Good for its location”

Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Ranked #21 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is greatly located on the lake very close to all nice places. The bed was comfortable but the sound proofing terrible. May naibor came home late night and his door closure nearly lifted me off my bed. Also his nice from the room was heard.
Breakfast is good. Try to get a seat on the terrace.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a few lines on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva .

We are delighted to read that you greatly appreciated our privileged location, our comfortable rooms and great breakfast.

As for your remark concerning the noise pollution from the neighboring rooms we apologize for the undue inconvenience and aggravation caused you in this respect

We look forward to welcoming you back to Geneva in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed there 2 nights. Very good service. Big room with all amenities. Good breakfast. A bit overpriced but it is everywhere in Geneva. Close to city centre. I wouldn't say it impressed me but Kempinski quality is definately there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear VitalyMinsk,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our excellent service, large rooms, nice breakfast and our privileged location close to the city center. Most important for us is the guest experience, rest assured that I will share your kind comments with the departments concerned.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When I booked our rooms, I emailed the hotel to inform them that we needed non-smoking rooms for medical reasons (my husband and son both have severe asthma). I was assured they could accommodate this request. We did have non-smoking rooms, but the rooms across from us were smoking. The hallways reeked of smoke and it seeped into our non-smoking rooms. My husband was so ill after one night, that if we had stayed longer, he would have needed medical attention. Also, the air vent in our room rattled. The hotel itself was very generic, with a glass and concrete facade. Absolutely no European character or charm that you would expect from a centuries old city in the heart of the Alps. When we checked in, I was treated poorly. All the reservations and details were in my name, but the front desk staff insisted on dealing with my husband. Shame on you Kempinski! I know you tend to cater to a more middle Eastern clientele, but I thought Geneva was a progressive city that gave up sexism a long time ago! The only bright star for this stay was the very nice waiter when we went for a nightcap and the wonderful doorman who retrieved our car and gave us bottles of water for our road trip. We stayed at 4-star hotels in Rome, Florence and Venice, and a 5-star hotel in Paris, and all four of those hotels far out-classed the Kempinski on every level. Also, do not pay the 50 CHF per person for breakfast. You can walk to a Starbucks and get breakfast for 4 for 30 CHF.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear DRBTraveller,

I have read your comments on Trip Advisor following your family's recent visit.
I was very concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of service, quality, professionalism and hospitality, namely at the Front Desk and in your guest room.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the Receptionist's inappropriate behavior, which was immediately discussed with my Director of Rooms Division, and for the smoke-pollution from the neighboring rooms.
On the other hand, I am delighted to read your special commendation of our waiter and doorman.
I trust you will give us a second chance of welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva under more favorable auspices in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Kempinski always raise the bars with their standards and services.

This hotel was the highlight of my trip to Geneva, the hotel staff are amazing and very helpful, the hotel is spotlessly clean.

The location is perfect, the facilities at the hotel are very good as well.

Room is spacious, elegant and very clean, housekeeping visit the rooms twice a day, so every time we come in to the room it's clean and smells nice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Lama K,
it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding our guests’ experience. Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in June.
I could not be more pleased to read that you found the staff not only “very helpful”, but also “amazing”. We are delighted to learn that you particulary appreciated the rooms and our unbeatable location. Most important for us is the overall guest experience, rest assured that we will share your kind comments with the departments concerned.
We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back to Geneva in the not too distant future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Proper welcome from the beginning would have been nice and even a offer of a porter. I thought the place I booked and paid for was five star. Also we had a terrible experience with the Java night club down stair where one of the staff welcomed us by saying buy a bottle of champagne or you can't sit down. There was about ten people there. Then went to the Floor two Bar where we waited 20mins for our first drink and were moved on by staff because they were closing the lifts. In a hotel? Something to remember on our honeymoon....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KempinskiHotelGeneva, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mr. Gcheeke,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us in connection with your recent stay on June 11.
I was concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we failed to deliver our normal high standards of service, quality, professionalism and hospitality, namely on arrival, at the Java (not managed by the hotel) and at the FloorTwo Bar.
Needless to say that your observations will be brainstormed with my Operational Department Heads and appropriate actions will be taken.
Trusting that you will give us a second chance of providing to you that we can better serve you with your Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva needs.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were offered a free upgrade as soon as we checked in which was lovely. The room was great, although there was a stale smell of cigarettes which had permeated into things like the dressing gowns etc. The restaurants and bars, though expensive, offered great food and atmosphere and seemed well used by hotel guests and local residents alike. The pool and spa facilities are excellent, however, the pool tiles looked like they needed a good clean as the grout was covered in algae in several places. My husband had a massage and I had a facial, and both were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are very expensive, you will be able to see the same view from the bars a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear L_battlebury,

I would like to thank for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your last stay at the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.
I am delighted to read that you particularly like your room and the food. I am also glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our wonderful property and our Spa. Your comments are very important to us and I will make sure to share it with my teams.
I sincerely apologize for the undue inconvenience at the pool. Your observation will be brainstormed with my Engineering Director and appropriate actions taken.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

From the time we entered, the members of the staff at Kempenski Geneva provided great service. The reception staff were very helpful with the check in process, and were generous to provide a complimentary upgrade.
The room we were gives was enormous, there was plenty of storage space and lots of room to be comfortable. The bathroom was clean, spacious and had nice amenities. The highlight of the room was the bed, it was massive, the biggest I've seen and very comfortable.
The concierge provided a lot of assistance with places to go, ways to get around and suggested a great restaurant for dinner.
My experience at the Grand Hotel Kempeski, Geneva, has been one of the best I've had at a hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk too much, make sure you tell the check in staff. The hotel is very lar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Karan b,

How delightful it is to read your comment! Thank you very much for taking the time to publish this review on Tripadvisor.
The entire team of the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva strives to provide excellent service and there is no greater reward than your kind words.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.