“Great hotel on the lake” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel President Wilson

Hotel President Wilson
Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
London
“Great hotel on the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Started badly as I arrived at the approved check-in time to be told my bedroom was not ready. No drink was offered, no apology. I was told to just stand there for 10 minutes or so... But bedroom was clean, nice decor, overlooked the swimming pool and lake. Slightly outside town - around 15 minutes walk to the centre.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time spent on writing this review on tripadvisor concerning your previous stay at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. We value every guest comment greatly and do our best so that every customer leaves satisfied after his stay.

I would like to express my sincere apologies for this inconvenient matter that occurred during your previous stay and be assured that I am personally taking care of this situation. The front office team as well as the Head Housekeeper have been informed and do their best in order for the rooms to be ready by check-in time. We are constantly improving our services in order to best satisfy our guests.
Nevertheless, I am very happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness, decoration and lake view of your room. The hotel had been entirely renovated in 2010, and provides services and amenities a modern traveler would expect from a 5 star hotel.
In regards to our location, even though we are slightly outside the city center, our hotel enjoys an incredible view over the Leman Lake and the Swiss Alps that most of our competitors don’t have.
I hope to welcome you back very soon in our property, and for any additional updates on our news, you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter

Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We spent the Xmas holidays in this well-run classy hotel. The staff were so accommodating...the breakfasts elegant and delicious, the lobbies were beautiful, and the winter decorations stunning. The Lebanese restaurant was a treat, and although prices in Switzerland are high, certain features mitigated the prices. During the entire stay, we had free bus, train, and tram tickets in Geneva, and most museums were free. A convenient bus system runs frequently, and the buses leave every few minutes less than a block from the hotel. The feeling of being at this hotel is that they are there just for you. The concierge services were very helpful, and the restaurants recommended and reserved by the concierges were very good. Walking along Lake Geneva and seeing the beautiful city is possible from this excellently located tranquil location.The owner lives in the hotel, and his presence assures impeccable service. We look forward to returning. T

Room Tip: All rooms look out on lovely views. The view of the lake is very inviting.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for this lovely comment posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It is always very rewarding to read great guest experiences since it gives us great pride and feeling of accomplishment.
I am very happy to read that you appreciated the helpfulness of our staff, the elegance and taste of our breakfast and the beautiful decoration around the hotel. Indeed, this year the decoration team did a great work in regards to Christmas decoration and creating an enchanting atmosphere in the hotel.
I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Lebanese restaurant Arabesque and I would also recommend our fine dining restaurant Bayview for your next stay.
The public transportation system in Geneva is indeed very convenient and our location makes the access to the city center very easy. It is wonderful that you used the transportation card and are always glad at the President Wilson to provide special services like this one.
Furthermore, I am happy to hear that our concierge services advised you perfectly during your stay.
I would like to thank you again for this very positive comment and hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
If you wish to be updated with our latest news and happenings, you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Sinecerly,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the various restaurants: french style, lebanese food and lounge type / world food. It is extremely well decorated with elegance. Modern style. I found that the quality of the coffee did not match the rest of the meal though.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this very positive comment posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your previous stay with us.

I am very happy to read that you appreciated our fine dining restaurant “Bayview”, the Lebanese “Arabesque” as well as the “Glow”. All the restaurants, public areas and guest rooms have been renovated using the finest materials and the expertise of Swiss architects. As you very well noticed, we modernized the style of the hotel while keeping it elegant and luxurious.
Regarding your opinion on the quality of the coffee during your meal, be assured that we are constantly seeking to evaluate and increase the quality of the coffee served.

I do hope you will continue to enjoy our property and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great location, classy hotel with great ambience but quite expensive one. Staff is good though could be better but still a good place to stay if you have good budget. The smoking rooms are very decent & spacious but had to move to non-smoking room for a day which was very small and bad planned/arranged.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It is important for us to know about our guest’s experience in our property.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciate out exceptional location on Lake Geneva which gives you the opportunity to admire a magnificent and breathtaking Alpine panorama.
Regarding our prices, be assured that these are constantly evaluated and well adapted to the high standard of the hotel and to the offer of comparable 5* hotels in Geneva.
I can also assure you that our staff is constantly trained in order to keep up with the ever changing hospitality standards of a 5 star property.
I am also happy to hear that you found your smoking room spacious and up to your expectations. As for the non-smoking room, I am sorry to read that you didn’t appreciate the arrangement, even though all rooms have been entirely renovated in order to be as functional as possible.
I hope to welcome you very soon in our beautiful hotel and for any additional updates on our news and happenings you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.

Potomac, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This is my second time staying here, and the customer service is appalling. I had an significant issue with the room and tried to talk to the manager. She doesn't work on Sunday and apparently doesn't call back on Monday!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank phw7
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Madame,
I would like to thank you for the comment posted on TripAdvisor regarding your second stay at the President Wilson Hotel. It is important for us to deal with every guest comment in order to retain new knowledge upon our strength and weaknesses, thus better serve our business and leisure clients in the future.
Firstly, I am very sorry to read that you had an unpleasant experience in our hotel and can assure you that we value all our customers and make sure we provide them with everything they need. After investigation with the Front Office department, we could identify the significant issue that occurred with your room reservation.
As explained to you during your stay, you had booked a room with the best available rate at the time. Since you were part of a conference, you could and should have booked your room at the conference rate (which was much lower) which was available to all the conference attendees. Nevertheless, we understand that mistakes can occur at anytime and this is why we decided to change your initial rate and pay the lower conference rate. Unfortunately since you had requested an early check-in and were occupying the room for several hours on that day, we could only make the change of rates from the next day. I hope you understand that it was a busy period at the hotel, and granting you with lower rates once you were in our property was a generous act. I fully understand your situation, but please be assured that the Front office staff tried to do its best in order to satisfy you and solve the matter in the best possible way.
I would like to express my sincere apologies for not being available at the time and not calling you back. Be certain though, that I was personally overlooking this unfortunate issue at the time.
I am also pleased to inform you that the President Wilson Hotel if frequently holding special events for its SPG members.
I hope to welcome you soon in one of them and discover all the advantages we offer to our SPG members,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Great hotel, helpful staff, great views to the Geneve lake!
It's in the same line as all the other 5 stars hotels, so lots of nice restaurants, bars and cafes around. WAlking distance to the stores, including, of course, wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwatches :)

There is a water taxi station just across of the hotel, and it's free for the hotel visitors (take the tickets from the concierge).

Nice restaurants, especially the Lebanese one. Great beauty salon and just an amazing spa.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the lake view!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear guest,

I would personally like to thank you for your positive comment about the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva and the time spent on writing it. Here at the President Wilson, we value every guest comment and take extreme pride on reviews such as this one.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the magnificent panorama of the Swiss Alps and Lake Leman that can be admired from the hotel. Indeed, our property is ideally located in Geneva, thus making it easily accessible from the central shopping area while at the same time offering a unique view for its guests.

The water taxis is a great way of transportation around the city especially during the warmest months of the year. We are glad that you experienced the boat trip and are happy that you enjoyed this exclusive service.

I am also very happy that you appreciated the restaurant Arabesque, where traditional Lebanese cuisine is served from our chef Elias Azar.
Furthermore, I am happy to inform you that the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva is the only spa in Switzerland offering the unique and miraculous treatments from La Mer.

I hope to welcome you very soon in our property and may your next stay be as great as this one.

Niwot, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The location is very good, next to the lake with good access and close to bank and UN business. Good restaurants and shopping is also within walking distance. The service is impeccable and the quality of the food is excellent. The rooms are very functional and modern. The size of the room is a bit small. Most rooms are about the same size regardless of their orientation.

The only detractor from the Hotel is that the incidentals are very much over priced. Example, a .5 liter bottle of San Pellegrino is 9 franks (about $10). The Migros store a half a block from the Hotel sell the exact same bottle for 0.80 francs. A mark-up of 1100% is unreasonable. A bag of Haribo Gummi Bears(Childrens Candy) is 12 francs, in the store less than one franc. Yes this is Geneva, but even here, the price value relationship with this kind of pricing is out of kilter.

Having said the above, the room rate was in line with what I would expect for the location and the level of service received. Overall, the Hotel is very good, the staff is very service oriented and genuinely friendly and we will return.

Room Tip: The view of the Lake is worth the extra cost of a premium room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel G
Dear Sir,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time spent on writing this very useful review on TripAdvisor. We are always interested in hearing from our guests after their stay at the hotel. Your opinion is valuable to us, as it allow us to constantly improve our services.
I am truly happy to know that you appreciated your stay as well as the services of the hotel, and indeed the hotel is ideally located on the Leman Lake, close to most international organizations and banks. We value service and comfort, this is why our staff is always dedicated in providing a unique, authentic and personalized service to each of our guests. The hotel has been recently renovated with the latest technology and finest materials to appeal to the demands of a modern traveler.
Regarding the hotel incidentals, I assure you that these are constantly evaluated and well adapted to the high standard of this hotel and to the offer of comparable 5* hotels in Geneva.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the President Wilson and hope you will enjoy your next stay as much as you did for this one.
In the meantime, I remain.