“Friendly and helpful staff”

Hotel President Wilson
Ranked #10 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Versoix, Switzerland
“Friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I love this hotel! I have spent 5 weeks over the past 4 months in this hotel for work & relocation purposes. One of the weeks I had my family along with me. The hotel staff was so friendly and welcoming to my entire family. Then, when I returned without my family, several of the staff asked about my family and how they were. Being away from home for so long, it was really nice to feel like the staff took care of me and treated me more friendly than a typical hotel. The concierges are incredibly helpful and accomodating. The people working at breakfast, in the bar, and in the restaurants all were very warm and helpful. Additionally, the rooms are nicely appointed and the common areas are comfortable and very cool. Great atmosphere!

Also, the location, while a bit away from the old city, is very close to a lovely park. Great for a nice run in the morning or evening!

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher than the 2nd floor. Sometimes you get noise from the ground floor in a cer...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Dshmlyon

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time spent on sharing your experience of the President Wilson on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your stay at the President Wilson. Our entire team always aim to offer a high quality of service and product to our guests, in order to fulfill their expectation and make their stay comfortable. Also, we would like our guests to feel at home at the President Wilson while being away from home, this is why the guest recognition from the staff members are essential.

I sincerely hope that you and your family enjoyed the service that we offer and would be glad to welcome you again very soon for another memorable experience at the President Wilson.

In the mean time, should your want to be updated on the latest news and happening, you can follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed on business for 3 nigths. My former boss once mentioned it's a great place to stay, so my choice was driven by that advice. When you travel on business, you usually get cheap hotel positioned as business class. This is not the case with President Wilson. It's a top class hotel, with somehow amazing corpotate rate for my company! (check yours when you plan trip). Everything's perfectly maintained, clean and simply perfect. No economy spirit inside (you maybe know what I mean, if you stayed in economy hotels), Bang&Olufsen TV, and cosmetics in the bathroom I coudln't stand to take away. And location - righ at the lake of Geneva!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Tanya B,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time spent on sharing your experience of the President Wilson on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely happy that you fully appreciated the hotel as well as its amenities and the services provided. Indeed, here at the hotel President Wilson, we seek to provide all our business travelers a unique experience and a great memory while being away from home for business.

I sincerely hope your next journey at the President Wilson Hotel will be as enjoyable and comfortable as this one.

I look forward in welcoming you back.

Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

There are more hotels in Geneva with character - this is true. But this ticks all the modern boxes, everything is elegant, and to a decent quality: rooms, public spaces, staff etc - can't recommend you visit it more. However beware its a little bit our from the centre. Much more a businessman's hotel than someone on holiday/vacation

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear GarethBaines,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your previous stay at the President Wilson on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you appreciated the elegance and aesthetics of your room and public spaces. Indeed, the hotel management is very art-oriented and we always try to give a modern touch by hosting occasionally art exhibitions.

It is true that the business market holds an important share in our business operation but, it is without any doubt that our hotel is also addressed to leisure travelers. Mainly through our various facilities such as the exclusive La Mer spa or even the unique outdoor pool & terrace, the President Wilson Hotel is the ideal place to spend your summer holidays while being in Geneva.

I look forward in welcoming you back to our property.

In the meantime, I remain,

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The choice was this hotel for a conference, I probably would have chosen a somewhat cheaper place. The location is fantastic, although there is a little distance to city centre and the old town.

1 Thank Jacob57
Dear Jacob57,

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your recent stay at the President Wilson.

I am pleased to read that you appreciated our unique location next to the main international organizations and right on the shore of Lake Geneva facing the Mont-Blanc. Despite the fact that we are not in the city center, it is very convenient to move around town with the excellent public transportation system.

Regarding the prices, I can assure you that these are constantly evaluated and well adapted to the high standard of this hotel and to the offer of comparable 5 star hotels in Geneva.

I look forward in welcoming you back for another Business trip in Geneva.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The delight of having a country hotel experience in the middle of a City is fantastic because of how unexpected it can be. After visits to this wonderful City starting in 1967 and staying at all the great and not so great hotels I am now sold on the President Wilson. The staff is beyond caring and anticipates every need. The facilities are world class and the rooms with great views of the Lake have every possible amenities. The food is excellent and the service divine. There is a number 1 tram within half a block from the hotel with direct access to the train station and to every part of the City. The stay comes with unlimited free access to the transit system and to the train to the airport. The rooms are not cheap but there is no pressure to add extra charges. Sitting outdoors at the comfortable chairs and lounges around the pool sipping a diet coke makes all the cares of the day drift away.

Room Tip: There is nothing like a lake view overlooking the pool
Dear Edward R,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your numerous stays and overall experience at the President Wilson.

I am also thankful for your loyalty and for choosing our hotel during your trips to Geneva. Our goal is to provide you with a constant, excellent and personalized service every time you step into our property.

I am happy to read that you enjoy the various facilities and amenities, as well as the overall service provided by our staff members.

As you very well pointed out, our location in the city makes it very easy and convenient to move around by public transportation and we are at every guest’s disposal by providing him with directions and the Geneva pass card.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back soon to our property.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Very nice location in front of The lake, great Service at The reception Desk as well as The guys in charge of parking your car. Very confortable rooms, B&o tv, nice view, plenty of towels, wifi and all you need. Friendlycstaff all over The place. Expensive Price for anything else bensì de The room... But that's The five stars in Geneva!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Axel1971,

I would like to thank you for your comments and time spent in writing this review.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the comfort and various amenities of your room as well as the friendliness and service provided by our staff. Our mission is to serve all your needs and wants in the best possible way.

Regarding the prices in our facilities, I can assure you that these are constantly evaluated and well adapted to the high standard of this hotel and to the offer of comparable 5 star hotels in Geneva.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back to our hotel and make your next stay another great experience.

In the meantime, should you wish to be informed on our latest news and happenings, you can follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page.

Kind Regards,

Washington DC
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Geneva itself is a fabulous destination, but to complete your trip, a stay at the Hotel President Wilson provides a once in a lifetime experience that hopefully you can have more than once! The rooms are perfectly appointed, the views of Lake Geneva are breathtaking, and the staff are all fluent in many languages and luckily for me that included English (as my French is tres terrible). The service is impeccable, the US hotels have a lot to learn from the courteous and engaging manner of the front desk and concierge team. They helped with so many logistics for the business part of my trip, and also then offered excellent and clear advice to make my one day for touring a fabulous day. Fresh flowers in the room, and in the lobby, twice a day room service, espresso, bottled water, all fine touches that made the international travel experience just that much more pleasant. Merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: It is definitely worth the price to have a lakefront view - outstanding!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Travelingnurse100,

Thank you for choosing the President Wilson hotel for your previous trip to Geneva and for taking the time to share the positive aspects of your stay.

I am very happy and thankful to read how much you appreciated our hotel in regards to the service, decoration, comfort, view and facilities. We always try to make you feel at “home away from home” while staying at the President Wilson Hotel and positive comments such as yours are very rewarding.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Geneva and the President Wilson.
A bientot.