“Decent”
Review of Tiffany Hotel

Tiffany Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Geneva is apparently the most expensive city in the world in which to order a club sandwich, according to the Huffington Post. It's also incredibly expensive for everything else. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest we could find that didn't have terrible reviews. The hotel was perfectly nice, with a smart downstairs and a small but quite adequate room and bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, there was a minibar, TV, safe, hairdryer etc. The shower was powerful and the water hot, and the hotel toiletries are delicious. The only problem we had was with the temperature - a steady 25 on the thermometer and no way of controlling the heat except by turning off the radiator which made no noticeable difference. We just left the window open. For a Friday and Saturday night the price was about 180 francs per night, without breakfast - that would have been another 28 francs. Tiffany is very central and we were able to walk everywhere easily. It's also a quick bus ride from the airport, and the hotel gives out 2 day travel cards for free.

Room Tip: 504 was quiet but very hot
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reviewer069

Reviewed 8 March 2014

It has been years since I stayed here, as, wrongly, I found it far from the center. Actually is only a 5 to 10 minutes from the center and just across a street from the banking center of Geneva. Rooms are nice, although in the small size typical of Geneva´s hotels. Service is good, friendly and sincerely, apart from a small trick to use the door cards to open your room, I found nothing to complain about. This is not the Alden in Zürich or the Trois Rois of Basel, but I found it comfortable enough and a good relation price/service for Geneva. Only minor issue, they have a brand new and nice looking lounge, but I never found what for. Also a bit issue, the service at the bar is a bit slow.

Room Tip: check how to use your door lock (use your card, pull up and then down... - crazy but it works)
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed two nights at the Tiffany Hotel in Geneva for business in February 2014. The hotel was chosen due to its proximity to the client I needed to visit. I was not very convinced by the pictures in the hotel web site, and upon entering the hotel, I was puzzled by the curtain surrounding the entrance. The reception staff was friendly and all went as expected. I was given a printout with wifi password and as a nice surprise a complimentary pass for Geneva public transportation.

The deluxe room in 4th floor was a bit funny shaped, but quite nice. The only problem with the room was the fact that the toilet paper holder was too close to the seat; I managed to scratch my leg with it a few times. This, though, is not unusual to a tall person. The bed was comfortable and the two large and two small pillows were nice. TV had a broad selection of channels in many languages, and some sort of internet service which I did not try. The wifi I was given the access codes to refused the connections from my laptop and iPhone. I called the reception and was given the password for another network which worked well. A colleague of mine whose room was two floors directly below me had managed to connect to the original network, and he said that network was very slow. Although my room was facing the elevator, I slept well in the room; the second night there was some noise from the street, but as I had to work until late, it was quiet by the time I went to bed.

I went once to the hotel gym, which was not very well equipped; just a threadmill, exercise bike and a nordic walker, along with a TechnoGym upper body exercise device, which would have required instructions or an instructor to figure out. There were also a complimentary sauna and hammam, which require 20 minutes heating time. I did not try them, but my colleague said the Finnish sauna was OK. In addition there was some sort of therapy room with additional charge. Did not try that.

The breakfast was very good. Most foods were portioned in individual jars, bottles, and dishes, but the number was not limited. My rate did not include breakfast, and the charged rate was quite high to pay out of own pocket, but in line with the quality. I ate once a dinner at the hotel, and the food was very tasty, and the portion just right size.

All in all, the Tiffany Hotel was a pleasant experience, expensive, but not out of line for Geneva price level. Location is good, walking distance from the old town.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel, well situated in Geneva. Rooms are nice, and there is a good restaurant with an excellent breakfast buffet. However, having just had stays in Zurich and Bern where the front desk staff were fantastic, I was shocked to find such rude and unfriendly front desk service. The gentleman on duty today and yesterday acted as though we were bothering him every time we approached. No one ever bothered to even say hello or even look up when we walked in ( and there were very few other guests at the time). It spoils the whole stay, I can assure you. My advice? Stay somewhere else where they treat you better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank bostontraveller56
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for two nights in this small but well presented hotel. Really nice room and unusual decor elsewhere but out of four hotels we stayed in on a tour of Switzerland it was certainly our favourite.
Great location as we walked everywhere but public transport links are close too.
We particularly liked the comfortable bar area and spent a couple hours in there each night before going out to eat - appreciated the nibbles that arrived with our drinks but the did not try the hotel restaurant as we felt the menu a little limited.

We did have a problem. Our car was broken into whilst in the care of the hotel in their secure parking. How the thief got into the car parking area is not clear as the parking does look really secure and has its own security team.
Finding a broken window the morning of a 700 mile drive home was not great but the hotel receptionist had their security company take me to the local police station to report the incident whilst my wife stayed for a complimentary breakfast.

On my return home I started dealing with the hotel manager Mr. Tassone by phone and email and I would like to thank him for the polite and efficient manner that he dealt with our problem which is now fully resolved.

If we ever visit Geneva again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Conveniently close to the city center, the hotel offers all the amenities one would expect in a hotel of this class. Stylish! Friendly reception. Fast WiFi. Spacious rooms, nice lobby and library.
The only drawback: Swiss prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were very happy to stay at the Tiffany over the weekend. We were offered an upgrade and waited 5 minutes for the room to be ready. Thank you Alexander. The location is super - walking distance to many major attractions on the hotel is on a quiet street. The breakfast was excellent but very expensive. There's a supermarket 1 block away to buy stuff instead of paying exorbitant Swiss prices for restaurants. Matilda at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. The room size was OK, not huge, and the amenities were nice - good wifi, full minibar. The elevator is real tight by any standards and the stairwell is winding. We took a room on a low floor which made it easily accessible to walk up and down and out of the hotel.
The Great Synagogue Beth-Yaacov (Orthodox) is one block away.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a low floor, Perhaps the new wing may have better rooms.